We booked this park as a 'Sun Holiday' weekend as we generally like the North Devon area. Although we normally upgrade our accommodation, on this occasion we didn't. We were quite surprised at how stark and basic the accommodation was. This particular park has chalets and apartments rather than caravans. Our chalet consisted of a tiny living area which included a very uncomfortable sofa bed, a drop-leafed table, a TV with 8 channels, an old electric cooker, a fridge with a broken freezer section, a microwave, a sink and a draining board. No work space for preparing food. There were 3 electric sockets in the living area. One for the kettle, one for the wall heater and one for the TV. No spares. Off the sitting room was a small hall area leading to a bathroom (no shower) which was adequate, but had evidence that damp patches had been painted over and part of the ceiling paint was peeling off. Also off the hall was the bedroom which was like a child's room. The three-quarter sized bed was up against a wall so one of us had to shimmy down the bed to get up! The bed was not at all comfortable, but this was not the worst thing. As we were packing up to leave and putting our clothes in our case, the clean clothes that we had not worn were very damp. They felt slimy and cold and smelled musty. Clear evidence that there was damp in the chalet. We would definitely not return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ilfracombe Holiday Park has everything you could want on a family holiday. A 56’ heated pool, a sauna, children’s play areas and an internet cafe provide you with all the comforts of home and more. Relax in our pool during the day, and then head to the Exmoor Club for the evening’s entertainment, free to everybody staying at our Ilfracombe Holiday Parks. This park is set at the top of the valley Ilfracombe lies in, so you get views right down over the town and out to sea, exactly what you’d expect from a Devon holiday. If you don’t want to deal with cooking on holiday then our Farmhouse Kitchen Restaurant can cook you up a wide variety of fare, from low price snacks to full grills and specialty dishes. We even offer takeaways. If you are going to cook for yourself, our onsite shop sells everything you’ll need, and there’s a Tesco superstore just a five minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Ilfracombe Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Fowler Ilfracombe Holiday Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Ilfracombe Holiday Park Devon