“Unusual!” 5 of 5 stars

Lancashire
24 attraction reviews
“Unusual!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Unusual but mesmerising! not to everyones taste but personally I could not take my eyes off it. Lovely at night when it is lit up & against the back drop of the sea...amazing sight!

Visited September 2013

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
“Love it? Or hate it?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

It is a must see when visiting Ilfracombe.
It is going to divide opinion and I'm still not sure myself.
What I can say is it created such a talking point to our group of 9 and such different perspectives as to its symbolism.
Go take a look and form an opinion it is quite staggering.

Visited September 2013
Farnham
7 attraction reviews
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I'm not the type of person who normally reviews a piece of artwork as everyone has a different opinion and whether you read a positive or negative review you really should go and make your own mind up. For me, this piece is empowering and makes a fantastic statement piece for Ilfracombe. It livens up the pier and is giving everyone who visits Ilfracombe something to talk about. Surely this is a good thing for the town, whatever you think of the statue itself!

Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Awesome site.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We saw this monument when we took our children to Ilfracombe harbour. My kids were in awe of the size of it. It sparked a fantastic discussion on what our children thought it represented and fired their imagination. Worth a look!

10 attraction reviews
“Wierd but you have to look”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Not really the thing you expect on the end of a pier harbour on the north Devon coast. I can't say I liked it or hated it as it was one of those things you just have to see if in area. Lady in B&B said it was there so we popped down after checking out at 8.45am. As it was early, parked next to statue and walked around it. Wasn't as gruesome as I expected. Bigger than expected. Stayed for 10 mins then went to beach at Woolacombe. See it if you're down that way but don't make too much of a special journey.