“Best Fish 'n' Chips I've had in ages!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Skegness, United Kingdom
“Best Fish 'n' Chips I've had in ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

After a long and tiring trip to Lundy Island my partner and I didn't really feel up to the hour drive back to our campsite and then cooking over a gas stove, so we decided to get fish n chips while in Ilfracombe. We picked this take away at random, mainly because it was open and the first one we passed, but I have to say it was the best fish n chips I've had in a long time. We took ours back to the car in the long stay car park on the other side of the Quay and after I'd eaten mine I'd wished we'd sat nearer as I said to my partner that I could just eat it again. The chips were yummy and the fish tasted so fresh and nothing like the fish we get back home in Skegness! Thank you for a tasty tea after a tiring day - it made us happy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pok457, Manager at Lynbay Fish and Chips, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Lynbay Fish and Chip Shop would like to thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and leaving positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!!

Bangor, United Kingdom
“You just won't find a better chippy in Ilfracombe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Absolutely the tastiest fish and chips I have had in a very long time, the service was friendly, the food was extremely fresh and served fast and what better way to enjoy it than to sit on the harbour wall overlooking the sea.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best fish n chips I've eaten! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We came to ilfracombe on holiday last week and was recommended the Lynbay for fab fish n chips....and it certainly delivered! The chip were delicious and the fish outstanding. The staff were friendly and helpful and the man serving our table was very useful in telling us about the local area and where to take the children. I will certainly be visiting again!

“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Couldn't help but return for scrummy freshly caught fish and chips.
Brilliant service, saw the fish being battered and cooked. Seats available inside, we decided to sit out in the harbour, just watch out for the seagulls, they also really enjoy fish and chips

Visited April 2014
Monmouthshire
“Better than Rick Stein!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped here recently when sailing back from Padstow to Cardiff. As we arrived in the harbour fairly late, I didn't want to go to the trouble of cooking, so we went to the Lynbay as it was immediately over the road from where the boat was moored. We ordered two portions of cod and chips, and waited while they were cooked. Nothing fancy, but just delicious fish (moist, with lovely crispy batter) and really good chips, much better (and cheaper) than what we had at Rick Stein's chippy in Padstow recently. Very nice indeed, and hit the spot after a long sail.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere