“Lovely food, lovely people” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, British, Family Fare, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Lovely food, lovely people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

As a local my family and I go out for lunch quite often and the Manor House Café is our favourite. With delicious food for a value price the owners go out of their way to make sure that you have everything that you need. A lovely place for food and highly recommended

• 5 of 5 stars Food
JillyMSC, Owner at The Manor House Cafe, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
We are especially glad when locals write a review, we love our home here in Ilfracombe and The Manor House and so pleased when you do too!

“Very helpful and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Popped in here on the first day of our break to whole away some time and have a cream tea it was lovely children happy we were happy weather not so happy we decided to come back for breakfast on our last day they went out of their way with supplying some scones for two of our children for breakfast and it seemed like it was no trouble at all. We will visit here again on our longer trip next yr for sure. Thank you both for being so welcoming.

JillyMSC, Owner at The Manor House Cafe, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you we will look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hope you all will enjoyed our homemade scones and Linda's Clotted Cream
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
“fantastic food,fantastic value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Normally i cook my own breakfast but today my son and i decided to go out to eat.
I have visited the Manor House before but my son hadn`t and it took some persuading to get him to go in till i told him they do black pudding and that swung it.
We both settled on the `Big Mick` with an extra of fried bread.
The food was all freshly cooked and when it arrived it looked lovely and appetising,no grease to be seen anywhere.
I knew instantly my son was enjoying it as there was silence.
The food is all fresh and the sausages are meaty and delicious.It was all cooked to perfection and served with a smile.
It is a real treat to find somewhere that does a breakfast that has the choice of adding black pudding and fried bread in these days of healthy eating.
In my view it is fantastic value and we will certainly be returning to try other items on the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
SO glad your son enjoyed the breakfast and black pudding. I like a bacon and black pudding bap with fresh tomato - a BBT!!
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast and wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

From reading reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try a breakfast here as we started our weekend stay at Ilfracombe.
Having been up for a fair while travelling down here, I was hungry and went for the "big Micks" breakfast.
It was great value and very filling.
The service was wonderful, which included being given advice on places to visit and eat, which was ideal as it was our first time in Ilfracombe.
Many thanks for a great start to the day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“We had to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Best breakfast in North Devon. We went not the first day and enjoyed the welcome and food so much we had to return. My husband had the "big micks", I had the veggie full breakfast and my 2 year old son had some weetabix and was kept quiet with the toys on offer. Anyone with a toddler will share my pain of eating out, but each time he was entertained with these toys.

The owner was very attentive but let us get on with our meals. We shall definitely return if ever in town again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
So glad you enjoyed your breakfast, holidays are about the whole family so we always try and make sure little ones are happy which then makes happy parents.