“Jewel in the crown!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Jewel in the crown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a great find! Small but perfectly formed restaurant, fantastic food and great service. I booked the restaurant on the eve of my wedding for 12 of my girlfriends and family. Our meal was exquisite and everyone raved about the food, the cosy atmosphere and the personal, friendly service. John, the owner kindly created a menu for us which included sea bass (delicious) slow cooked brisket (melt in the mouth, velvety gravy, everyone had food envy for this dish), chocolate roulade with cherries and a raspberry coulis and pavlova. Memorable evening, great place!

• Visited May 2013

Ilfracombe, England, United Kingdom
“A little Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This restaurant was reccommended by a friend and totally lived up to its billing!! The best steak I've had in ages (and I'm quite picky!) Rustic decor, great location, relaxed, and friendly- a little gem!

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Superb evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been going to this part of Devon for many years now and I wish I'd found this place sooner. We had 2 specials, Seabass and Pork Belly. I can safely say the food was so much better than many far higher priced establishments. The service was great in an intimate setting which had a really pleasant friendly atmosphere.
I would strongly advise if you want to eat great food in Ilfracombe you will not go wrong here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
“Amazing-as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Eaten here many times but never written a review. Fantastic location, food, drink, and atmosphere. My favourite place in ilfracombe... FACT.

Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have been to this restaurant before and always lives up to it's fantastic standard. The owner John made us feel very welcome as well as making us all an excellent meal. The waiter was attentive and looked after our needs very well. We selected to go to Chimes of St James for a family celebration and lucky to have such a good local restaurant.

• Visited January 2013