“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Olive Branch

You added The Olive Branch to your Saves list
The Olive Branch
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   56 Fore Street, Ilfracombe EX34 9DJ, England   |
Ranked #7 of 48 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from spending Friday and Saturday night at The Olive Branch and we had an excellent stay. The rooms are modern, comfortable and have lovely views and the breakfast service and choice is excellent. We ate at the Olive Rooms on Friday night which was great value for money especially as b&b guest get an extra 15% off the final bill. We had a really helpful and warm welcome from the owners and the guest service was brilliant. We would definately recommend the b&b the family and friends and is really good value for money for the location, room type and food. Thanks for a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: The top floor rooms front and back rooms are spacious with excellent views and lovely big baths. Be...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Fantastic accommodation and location - warm and friendly reception by Paul upon arrival, bags taken to my room whilst I parked the car, the single bedroom (with ensuite) is a good size and, like the rest of The Olive Branch, spotlessly clean. Situated approximately 2 minute walk from the harbour, The Olive Branch really is a fab place to stay. Breakfast was varied and substantial and as a lone female traveller, I was made to feel very welcome by both Paul and Carol. I would seriously recommed The Olive Branch and hope you enjoy your stay there (and Ilfracombe) as much as I did. Walk the South West Coastal Path from Ilfracombe to Woolacombe - you won't be disappointed and you may just get to see some seals ! Thank you Paul and Carol, I will recommend and return one day !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Fantastic accommodation. The B&B was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The owners were very friendly and helpfull. Lovely breakfast in the mornings with veggies fully catered for. Very highly recommended.We also ate at the adjoining resturant one evenning and again this was very good. I Would recommend booking early to be sure of a table.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleobury Mortimer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at the Olive Branch with my husband and daughter and was delighted with everything about it. A travel agent for many years and a fairly seasoned traveller, I have stayed in many hotels but few compare to the high standards of this fabulous guest house. It's in a great location and the sea views from the large superior double room are just stunning. Our daughter stayed in the top floor comfortable twin room and enjoyed equally fantastic views. I am particularly fussy when it comes to hygiene but had no worries in this area - everywhere is spotlessly clean and even smells fresh! Food at breakfast was plentiful and a great start to the day. Advice from Paul on where to go/what to do was most welcome and the evening meal in the restaurant was very good. Paul and Carol made us feel particularly welcome and we look forward to returning soon. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Wow, where to start! Rooms are superbly decorated, with modern decor. The open plan bathroom was brilliant! I had fabulous views over Ilfracombe harbour. I rang forward & they catered for gluten free(telephone ahead to let them know)! They presented me with probably the best GF bread roll ever! Thanks guys! We were disappointed we hadn't stayed in to eat, as the restaurant attached was very busy & the food we saw looked fab! Nothing was too much trouble & our bikes were securely stored at the hotel. We will definitely return as we really couldn't fault the place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My partner and I spent two nights at the Olive Branch and have to say it's one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in. Paul & Carol are fantastic hosts and make you feel very welcome and are both extremely helpful and attentive. Lovely spacious and spotlessly clean rooms with fantastic views of the sea and harbour. We had a large roll top bath which was very welcome and relaxing after a long journey! Breakfast was delicious, with a great variety of food and plenty of tea and coffee. The only downside of our stay was that the restaurant was closed during our visit so we didn't get to try the delicious looking evening menu!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed in Room 3 at the Olive Branch and my friend was in Room 1, both rooms situated at the top of a 3 storey town house. Even though it was June, it was cold and wet outside when I arrived so it was lovely to find the heating on in the room so I could warm up and dry out. The Olive Branch is a great value place with room 3 being really quirky but well appointed (good quality toiletries, hairdryer, TV/dvd player and free WiFi provided). There is no separate bathroom at such, just a raised section in the corner of the bedroom with LED lighting along the edge. On this area there is a large roll top bath where you can lie and look out to sea, then there is just a couple of etched glass screens that hide the loo and sink. So be warned, only take this room as a couple if you are very very close! Room 1 has a more traditional layout and enjoys lovely views and the single room (4) is small but with a comfortable 4' bed and a great power shower in an en-suite room (my friend spent her last night in this room).

Breakfast was beautifully cooked and is served in the Olive Room which is beneath the B&B and run by a family team. We ate here in the evening too and the food was great. The fact that everything was so close to hand, was particularly important when I stayed as the weather continued as it started - with pouring rain! All in all a really good value friendly place to take a break. I used to stay in Ilfracombe as a child and didn't have great memories, however I will certainly go back and stay at the Olive Branch again, as Carol and her husband do such a good job of making your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Only take room 3 if you are a couple or friends if you are very very close!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Olive Branch? Share your experiences!