For the last few years a group of us have organised an annual "gourmet" weekend. This year we chose exclusive occupation of the Cross for a weekend, both rooms and restaurant, this constituting a very good value package. We were very satisfied with our choice.
The food was consistently excellent for both the evening dinners. On the Saturday we had a tasting menu, precdeded by champagne and a range of delicious nibbles. I particularly liked the game terrine and also the ample supply of a range of tasty bread rolls. Breakfast was also excellent, in particular the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon.
The Cross is an excellent venue for a group, with a large comfortable sitting room. Our hosts were very friendly, providing tea and scones on the wet Saturday afternoon.
The Cross is very well situated for a range of outdoor activities, in particular hillwalking. Some good walks are accessible directly from the hotel, both around Kingussie and into the surrounding hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary five star restaurant with eight comfortable bedrooms set in a converted tweed mill and situated in 4 acres of riverside grounds within Cairngorm National Park. AA three-rosette award winning dinners feature the highest quality fresh, local, and seasonal produce, all complimented by a 300 bin wine list and around 40 specialist malt whiskies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Cross at Kingussie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cross Kingussie
- The Cross Hotel Kingussie
- The Cross At Kingussie Scotland, UK