My wife and I went for our first wedding anniversary and oils not have been better looked after! The room was ample sized with a massive, very comfy bed and relaxing sounds of the river outside. The highlight however was the food and wine! We have eaten in one and two Michelin star restaurants and were not disappointed by the Cross's efforts.
The emphasis is very much on local and seasonal which I love and being game season, had some lovely dishes. Four courses with two choices and the menus changed each night we were there. My duck with braised red cabbage and parsnip baji's was awesome, as was the lamb with crispy sweetbreads.
The award winning wine list was extensive but easy to follow with good explanations and food matching and fun pointers like ambulance symbols for wine greater than 14%vol. My red wines chosen by the chef complimented the food perfectly.
Breakfast was both filling and tasty with various cereals, an abundance of fresh fruit and berries, homemade bread and a sample of local cooked meat going down a treat.
A very special couple of days in a stunning location and good value for money all considered. We will definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- The Cross Kingussie
- The Cross Hotel Kingussie
- The Cross At Kingussie Scotland, UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary five star restaurant with eight comfortable bedrooms set in a converted tweed mill and situated in 4 acres of riverside grounds within Cairngorm National Park. AA three-rosette award winning dinners feature the highest quality fresh, local, and seasonal produce, all complimented by a 300 bin wine list and around 40 specialist malt whiskies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Cross at Kingussie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.