“The worst place I have ever avoided staying in.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Victoria Hotel to your Saves list
Lower Mill Street, Blairgowrie PH10 6NG, Scotland   |
Ranked #8 of 8 hotels in Blairgowrie
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The worst place I have ever avoided staying in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This cannot be classed as an Hotel, it is a dingy backstreet pub with a few rooms above for rent.

I was booked in for a Saturday night on May 4th 2013 and my first impressions were of astonishment at the delapidated state of the place, the carpets are filthy and beer sodden, there was no heating on and the place was freezing cold.

Paint work is dirty and peeling off the walls and woodwork, we were told to park on the street at the rear so I have no idea where the free parking is supposed to be, the room smelt disgusting and I couldn't bring myself to touch anything.

The landlord asked us for a £10.00 bed wetting surchage which I have never heard of before so asked what it meant, he said we would have it refunded if no one wet the bed!

I asked if this really happens and he said yes all the time, unsurpisingly this confirmed my determination not to stay in the place. I was so appalled at the condition of the interior of this horrible dive that I paid £150.00 taxi fair back to Aberdeen and arrived back home at 11.30 the same night. This is the only time in my life I have paid good money not to stay somewhere but it was worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Alyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Fantastic. Vic and his team were on top form, looked after us and even entertained us. Even when we were out in different bars, everyone looked forward to getting back to the hotel for the craic. Very reasonable drinks prices also

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Highly recommended. We stayed here last weekend for my friends stag do. The owner Vic couldnt have done more for us and his guitar playing kept us well entertained. I will definitely be coming back. Thanks again to Vic and the team... Dougie

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great Scottish hospitality and a great place to stay. They are rated 2 stars Give them 4
Stayed in a few other 3 and 4 star hotels but the Victoria hotel is worth it.
I would give them 5 haggisseses!
And what a music night

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a stag weekend and what a weekend it was.
The rooms were perfectly adequate. We weren't looking for the Ritz! However the hospitality at this hotel was quite exceptional. The staff could not have done more for us. They provided fantastic entertainment in the bar in the evening. They even pushed back breakfast the next morning so we could have a lie in.
I would just like to thank them all for making it such a great weekend.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Just want to express my thanks to the owners of the Victoria Hotel for their kind help and hospitality.On a recent business trip, i found myself looking for accommodation very late into the evening.The Hotel was closing for the night and it was no trouble for the owners to let me have a room,prepare a light supper and a substantial breakfast.Just want to say thanks once again for their hospitality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here and thought it was a great ,, locals are amazing and the owners couldnt do more for you !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!