“My Hen Weekend Great Laugh” 4 of 5 stars

Angus Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Wellmeadow, Blairgowrie PH10 6NQ , Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Blairgowrie
Aberdeenshire
“My Hen Weekend Great Laugh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had no idea where I was going for my hen weekend. Pulled up at Angus hotel and from the time we step foot in the hotel to the time we left the staff were brilliant food was amazing on both nights, Tribute night Elvis was a laugh and all us girls had amazing time and have no complaints on this hotel a tall. I never used spa or swimming pool but some of the girls did and said it was fantastic. The location is brilliant for what we were doing. Great weekend and can't thank the staff enough for making us feel very welcome..... Weekend to remember....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Peterlee, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Ate in the bar/restaurant with friends , food poor, not home made !! Service slow only one member of staff serving , disappointed won't be coming back mislead as to hotel having separate restaurant but food served in the bar area

• Stayed May 2014
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

A party of 20 of us are just back from spending a weekend at this hotel for my daughter's hen and what a weekend it was. The hotel is lovely. Yes maybe the rooms could do with a little updating but the quality of bedding and the cleanliness of the rooms were great.
We paid £99 each for bed, breakfast and evening meal from Friday to Sunday and that included a Cabaret evening on the Saturday. The quality of the food we had for dinner was great, especially on the Saturday, with 3 choices for each course plus tea or coffee and the service was brilliant in the dinning room. Breakfast is buffet style with tea, coffee and toast being brought to you at your table. The buffet choices were great and the haggis was gorgeous and you had your usual fruit juice, cereals, yoghurts etc to choose from as well.
The staff could not do enough for us and made us all feel so welcome and I would like to give special mentions to Caley, Maria, Arron and Noel. The hotel was very busy and a big thanks to our fellow guests who joined in with our party and putting up with the rising noise levels our group managed to produce. We did appreciate this.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and my husband and I are planning a return visit to one of their weekly Cabaret evenings. A new brochure will be out with full details of up and coming acts available from June.
I also have to mention the people of Blairgowrie. Most of us had never been to this part of Scotland and we were met with nothing but friendliness with all the pubs we visited making an extra effort for all our party to be seated together.
I can't thank everyone enough for making the weekend we have just had one of the best times ever away.
If your in this part of Scotland please try The Angus Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel organised our golf and transport to the three courses we played, along with the 2 nights dinner ,Bed & Breakfast the costs worked out very reasonable. There was a Beatle tribute band on the Saturday which some of our group enjoyed. A really good place to stay, friendly staff good food .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just stayed at the Angus Hotel for one night, and it was enough. Please make sure you don't get Room 1, it's old tattty, with stains on the wall, marks in the bath, shoddy diy work in the bathroom and because it's right next to the corridor doors you'll hear every single person going in and out!

Bearing in mind that our booking was through Clasicc Britain, who supposedly guarantees "Best Room Available on Arrival" and that I emailed the reservations team in advance to advice them that I had booked the room as a birthday gift for my friend, I was actually mortified when I saw the terrible room they gave us. It didn't help either that the way to the pool is the weirdst thing I have ever seen, having to walk through the main events suite and by the housekeeping/laundry cupboard to be greeted by very old fashioned swimming facilities and a strong smell of chlorine which made my eyes water before I even got in the pool!

Good breakfast and nice staff, but the old rooms and the pool area definitely need inmediate care and attention

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms!
Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my one year old son and it was a lovely experience. It is located in the centre of the town 5 mins from the shops, supermarket (ideal for bits and pieces for as baby) and closeby to Davie park. The hotel staff were very pleasant and welcoming. Our room was a single room but exactly as we needed. It was a very clean and pleasant place to stay. As far as I'm aware they have a pool and other amenities but I can't comment as I never used them. We enjoyed a nice Scottish breakfast in the morning and left a full and happy customer. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013
Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just returned home from a fabulous weekend! The staff were amazing! The food and rooms were great value for money. The pool and spa nice and clean and added to our relaxing weekend. The Grease tribute was fantastic and included all parties in their entertainment. Will definitely be back and would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice relaxing weekend with some entertainment.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Angus Hotel? Share your experiences!