“A Ball in Blairgowrie” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Blairgowrie
Stirling, United Kingdom
“A Ball in Blairgowrie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visited the hotel recently for a weekend break with a theme and we had a ball.

The staff make you feel welcome from the minute you arrive. The hotel is dated but clean and tidy.

The weekend deal we signed up for included dinner on both nights and breakfast. The food was good, it's not top notch but taking into consideration what we paid it was as expected.

The entertainment was brilliant and so was the disco afterward (yes disco). We had a real ball and so did everyone else. We boogied on down til one in the morning and then it was bed time.

The location if the hotel means it's only a short journey by car to Braemar or you can stay in town because there are plenty if shops for a good nose around and nice walks to.

The only downside for me was the temperature in the hotel including bar and other main areas. I was uncomfortably hot, my other half was lavishing in it but she feels the cold and I don't. So if you're like me take your shorts and flip flops!

Would I stay again? Yes definitely.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
FALKIRK, SCOTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Spent a two night weekend break at the Angus. On the Saturday night there was a 60s/ 70s Tribute band who were great.
The staff were also great , they could not do enough to help.
The food was served hot , even on the Tribute night where they has over 150 guests to feed .
The breakfasts were both plentiful and delicious as was the meal served in the dining room on the first night.
The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel even has a pool and leisure facilities.
At £200 for two this two night break was excellent value and we will certainly be returning later this year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The angus is a good dog friendly hotel close to the slopes at Glenshee. I visited with my dad and my dog. The hotel had a spa and pool area but I didn't get a chance to sample them. We were up early to go to the slopes and back late! The breakfast was ok and was served in a small area by the reception where we could sit with the dog. We had tickets for the Michael Buble tribute night. The dinner was ok but the singer wasn't! Shame really as it was nice being sat on a table where you could meet new people. Maybe it wasn't my cup of tea or maybe it was because I was shattered after a hard day on the slopes! I would stay again if the snow comes back to Glenshee next year!

Stayed March 2014
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

this was our 4th time staying in this hotel all of our stays have been first class but on this occasion diferent story on arrivel at 13 40 we were told cannot book in till 1400 hrs fair enough we went to book in at 1415 and was told room not ready for my wife and myself but rest of paty got their room we went back again at 1450 still not ready our party went for lunch at 1500 still not ready the show on sat night some people were saying his patter was better than his singing the meal to me was not to my liking could only take desert for me it was a waste of money when we got our room it was spacious large bed i must say the staff were very good hotel in good location we got room 51 second landing overlooking river

Room Tip: ask for room 51 lovely view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Myself & my wife stayed here for a tribute weekend with two friends plus our dog.
It was a great weekend, the tribute night was lional Richie & it was excellent.
Rooms are basic but clean, food was fine & service good.
Only problem we had was that it advertises as dog friendly, but you can not use the main bar to sit with your dog.
There is a very small seating area opposite the reception where you can sit & have a drink, buts it away from the main bar area, so you cant mingle with the rest of the quests. So instead we used the pub next door which was very welcoming.
I would highly recommend the tribute weekends, but not a hotel to take you dog unless you like sitting alone in the corner with no one to talk to.

Room Tip: Not recommended to take your dog if you want to relax in the bar for a few drinks.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I came here for my grandads 60th party as part of a deal. One Freddie Mercury tribute night and a two night stay in the hotel. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The rooms were nice but the windows let in a lot of sound. If u are staying request a room on the top floor as the floor is very, very squeeky and kept me up half the night. In the morning my shower was freezing cold. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay. The facilities of the pool were good and the sauna relaxing. The tribute night was good.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Outstanding went in December group of 8 , two new couples as we had been twice before.. We had a fantastic time thank you to all staff , our friends loved it ...as did we , it was the rod stewart tribute night ... Bob wiper truly amazing ...nearest to the real thing ... Amazing ..thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Angus Hotel? Share your experiences!