“A relaxing break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Blairgowrie
Glasgow
“A relaxing break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I were sorry to leave here.Everything about this little hotel I loved..small enough to have lots of character, but busy enough to have life.The main restaurant was a lovely conservatory overlooking the gardens, and the food was among the best I've tasted..trully delicious pork loin with haggis, apple and a divine Cranachan, made special by adding the hotel's own icecream instead of simply cream.The staff were friendly and courteous and there was even a separate and rather cute breakfast room which was used in the mornings.
We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would say avoid number 7 as it was over the kitchen and the fan was quite noisy, but this was a sm...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Donald A, Owner at Bridge of Cally Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Bridge of Cally hotel.
I have passed your compliments onto the chef and staff, We are always grateful of good comments.
Please take a look at our website for our upcoming special offers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

First impressions are wonderful as you approach the Bridge of Cally hotel down a lovely tree-lined country lane. It feels like you're driving into tranquility. Unfortunately, it's downhill from there. After my friend and I dropped our bags in a rather dated, but otherwise functional room, we headed to the bar for a refreshment.

As we stood waiting to be served, we observed 3 members of staff complaining about a group of customers who had apparently made "such a song and dance" about wanting food and then in the end left without ordering. I figured I had just caught them at a bad moment, but we were invisible for a while.

The menu prices were very expensive indeed. So much in fact that my friend and I decided to drive to Blairgowrie and eat there instead. I'd also read some disappointing reviews about the quality of the food so we weren't prepared to take any chances. And the bar was overpriced too - £1.50 for a glass of diluted cordial!

The following morning we were awoken by a combination of the staff radio blaring out of the kitchen below, and the smell of cigarettes coming through the window from staff smoking below. All in all, not a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My boyfriend took me to this hotel last weekend as part of my birthday treat and we had an amazing time so much so we didn’t want to leave. The hotel was warm and inviting with so much attention to detail in keeping with its history and the local surroundings.

From arrival to check out, the staff were lovely and so helpful we couldn’t have asked for a better service and they were very friendly with it. They recommended local attractions and walks including the riverside walk into the Cateran trail which starts on the hotel grounds.

The food was out of this world with so many different dishes to choose from as was the selection of whiskies in the hotel bar. Our room was lovely and had great views over the hotel grounds, which was great to wake up to every morning.

The only dampener which isn’t down to the hotel was there were some residents staying that became quite loud and aggressive towards the staff and management when they were refused to drink their own beer in the hotel bar issuing threats to put up bad reviews on trip advisor if they weren’t allowed which I found not only cheeky but appalling behaviour. However the way in which the management dealt with the matter was very well handled and ensured that there was very little disruption to those of us sitting in the bar.

Overall we had a fantastic time and can’t wait to go back again, thanks to the management and staff for making our stay wonderful.

Leven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Staff were excellent as I travel with a disabled husband and lots of kit including a rather heavy hoist. It was no trouble to them to carry the stuff in. Bedroom was very comfortable and to my delight had a bed with room under it for the hoist legs. Divans are harder to deal with. Food was ok, a better vegetarian menu would have been better.

Room Tip: We had room 16 which could be accessed with a wheelchair. No walk in shower, shower over bath. Wifi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Donald A, Owner at Bridge of Cally Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Bridge of Cally hotel.
Our staff are always on hand to help our guests, it is our job to make sure your stay is as comfortable and stress free as possible.
And we will look into introducing some more vegetarian dishes onto the menu.
If you wish to return please take a look at our website where we have some upcoming special offers.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed at the Bridge of Cally for three nights on business. The hotels bedrooms are very clean and comfortable. Restaurant and beer garden lovely. Food fantastic and freshly made. Made to feel very welcome throughout the stay. Will definitely return if on business nearby and would also go for a holiday. Beautiful countryside and walks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Bridge of Cally hotel.
We like our guests to feel welcome from when they arrive to when they leave.
We do take pride in our beer garden which is a lovely place for people to sit out at during the warmth. And all our food is locally sourced.
We hope we will see you again.
Please visit our website for our special offers for summer and winter.
Oban, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I had a short break at Bridge of Cally hotel last month.This is my third visit this year! I look forward to going there as you are always made to feel most welcome by the staff and they are always most helpful.The food is fantastic and there is a wide range of choices. There is a cosy little bar and lounge where you can relax and there is a good selection of malt whiskies! The surrounding Perthshire country side is beautiful and peaceful and there are plenty of tourist attractions nearby to visit. Dogs are made to feel most welcome and there is always a bowl of fresh water in the bar for them! I look farward to returning.Wonderful for arelaxing break!

Room Tip: I have been in different rooms when I have stayed there and they are all very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Bridge of Cally hotel.
We always like to promote a friendly and warm atmosphere to our guests and their 4 legged friends as well.
We hope to see you again soon.
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This used to be a well run establishment on the road to Glenshee but after the worst lunch experience I have ever had it has fallen to an all time low. Service took an hour for an order despite asking for a menu and a drinks order lunch took over 3 hours. The staff were sullen and very unhelpful they just didn't care. We were in the company of two disabled ladies and there was no disabled parking for access to the hotel? The food was mixed but my steak pie (listed as a favourite why?) was tough and the vegetables were a pile of red cabbage almost inedible. I won't be back ever!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are sorry that your experience at the Bridge of Cally Hotel was as you had previously experienced.
We apologise for the steak pie, it was not up to our usual high standards. And our staff as well, usually they are warm and welcoming.
The car park has always been as it is, but if you need to get closer to the doors, if you come into the hotel and let us know we will gladly make space for you to park your car.
We would like you to give us a second chance to show you how good our restaurant is.
Please don't hesitate to contact us of you wish to discuss this matter further.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairgowrie
Angus Hotel
Ballathie House Hotel
Ballathie House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Stanley
4.5 of 5 stars 496 reviews

Been to Bridge of Cally Hotel? Share your experiences!