“Top notch!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
“Top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm ashamed to say this was only my second visit to this fine establishment despite it being right on my doorstep. If you like anything that comes out of the sea then this is the restaurant for you. Primarily a seafood restaurant, the food is stunning. We both had the hot smoked salmon and avocado starter which was beautiful. For the main I had the seared scallops which were quite probably the best I can ever remember eating - and I've eaten a lot of scallops! My partner had the brill, which I naturally had to try, and it was fantastic. For quality produce and a quality dining experience look no further.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Perthshire
“Excellent fish ( mainly!) restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is almost on our doorstep, and it is a wonderful restaurant.
Great choice of starters and mains. Seafood very fresh, beautifully prepared.
The sharing platter of various starters is lovely .
They bake their own bread- it's fabulous!
I always have fish here, my husband had the pork dish which was very good he said.
The puddings are very good too.
Nice ambience, enough room between tables so you feel you have a bit of privacy.
Highly recommend.

Blairgowrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

You don't usually expect to find this good a restaurant in such a small place, but Willy has managed to combine character, great service and outstanding food in the most unlikely of place.

Eaten here a few times and can honestly say I've tasted nothing sub standard, the staff are great, the food is amazing and fresh and the location for us is fab!

If you want a cheap lunch then don't bother, but if you appreciate excellent food and wine and understand that this carries a premium then this little restaurant is worth every penny!

Perth, United Kingdom
“Simply yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a busy friday night, been lucky to get squezed in. Briliant special board, hard to choose from. My smoked salmon and avocado Gateau just mouthwatering, not speaking of my wifes mussels, true heaven!

Skate wing and John Dory was a real treat for our taste buds, cooked to perfection.

All of above accompanied by bottle of very nice Italian wine,didn't left any room for dessert.

Very nice coffee, nicest I had in a long time, thank you, looking forward for next visit.

Livingston, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I visited Blairgowrie with friends on a walking weekend, we saw Littles rating on Tripadvisor and were keen to try out this highly rated small restaurant, we were certainly not disappointed.

The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and attentive, would perhaps have liked a slightly larger portion for my baby squid starter but still tasted fantastic. Not cheap but very good value for money.

We were a bit disappointed when we could not book for the Sunday night for a second visit as they are closed on a Sunday, I think the owners were equally disappointed with a party 8 declined