I visited Kinloch House with friends, and was impressed by the warm welcome we were given, and the excellent menu and service.
On the basis of this visit, I booked again, for different friends, and this time it was very different.
No greeting at the door, in fact we had to go searching to find anyone, and the lady we contacted didn't seem to understand that we had a reservation. We were show into the lounge, but again, no warmth from the lady who took our order. The Hungarian waiter was very polite and friendly, and the meal itself was very good, but these little touches which were missing are very important in making you feel comfortable. We took coffee in the conservatory, but we're surprised to see wallpaper coming off the walls. For such a recommended Hotel I wouldn't expect this, especially as I was with very discerning friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of glorious Perthshire, famous for its stunningly beautiful countryside with lochs, rivers and trees, Kinloch House is the ideal base from which to explore the area while staying in a family-run Scottish country house providing a warm, welcoming and friendly environment. Dating from 1840 the charming house offers bedrooms and public rooms individually appointed with fine fabrics and furnishings and a stunning entrance hall with log fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kinloch House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kinloch House Hotel Blairgowrie
- Kinloch Hotel Blairgowrie
- Kinloch House Blairgowrie, Scotland