“Great food, excellent value.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dulverton, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Previous good Tripadvisor reviews led us to try this restaurant one evening, and we were not dissapointed. The restaurant was well presented, clean and comfortable, with attentive and friendly staff. There was a good selection of specials on the blackboard, plus the usual pub grub. I chose the Cod & Chips and my wife the Smoked Haddock Mornay, both meals were delicious. I can appreciate why this restaurant is number 1 on Tripadvisor.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food with Very Good Range”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We've now popped in here on several occasions since the current owners took over last year. There is a lovely and varied menu, including some unusual dishes for a pub and a good range of vegetarian dishes, plus a good range of regularly changing specials on the blackboard. A good number of the main courses are also offered in smaller appetite portions if you're not overly hungry or just wanting a snack. Similarly there is also a childrens menu. The food has always been very good without exception, and the service and attention perfect. As per the last review, we too have had the Sunday dinner in there on a previous visit and it's well recommended, and you can get a two-course deal for £9.95 if one of the accompanying starters or desserts take your fancy.

On the drinks front, apart from the standard range of beers, soft drinks, and hot beverages, there are 4 real ales on offer including the best of the island beers, Fuggle De Dum. These too have always been in tip top condition. All drinks are offered at a reasonable price in comparison to the other dining pubs in Brading and nearby Sandown.

Although the pub inside is not too large, there is a fair size car park, plus outside decking area (which is a sun trap on a fine day). Food is served all day every day, and reservations taken. Very well worth a visit. The pub is at the bottom of Brading (not in Sandown as sometimes listed!), so also handy if you're intending to visit the nearby Roman Villa.

Isle Of Wight
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Decided to have dinner at the Yarbridge tonight. We took the precaution of booking a table, as we know they can be extremely busy. By 8pm ALL the tables were taken. Obviously the reputation of the Yarbridge is spreading and deservedly so. We all had the Roast Beef, very good value at £7.95, plenty of vegetables and great tasting gravy. For dessert I had the sponge pudding and the others had the Chocolate fudge cake. The rather expensive restaurant in Guildford that I ate at last night should get lessons from Richard on how to serve a dessert properly !!
I strongly recommend that you reserve a table.

isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food, beautiful beer and beautiful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The pub is small but not too small which creates a lovely atmosphere. the food is great but the best bit is the great service and warm welcome.
I went with a big group of friends and nothing was too much trouble. we plan to go back in the nest few weeks for a leaving do, I just wish I had been more!
I would highly recommend this place for food, but would also recommend to go for just a beer and enjoy the people. As I have said...beautiful :)

• Visited March 2012
“Amazing lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I've just had lunch at the Yarbridge inn on this lovely sunny day and it was brilliant. I had a platter that had cheese, pâté, salad crusty bread etc and my other half had a mixed grill. Both meals were well priced, arrived quickly and tasted amazing! We even took our two dogs who sat on the decking with us. This pub is a hidden treasure :-)