“Great Holiday 11-15.03.13” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Broadway Park Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandown
Bay Broadway Park Hotel
You added Bay Broadway Park Hotel to your Saves list
Melville Street, Sandown PO36 9DJ , England   |
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Sandown
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday 11-15.03.13”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great holiday with my two sisters and nephew and neice. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the hotel is a little bit dated in parts but the service from everyone was excellent, Our waiter "Martin" and waitress " Marta" were excellent. The whole holiday was great.

We changed driver at Warwick and our driver was named "Steve", he was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the island. He was a excellent driver, considerate and charming. He got on well with every person on this trip and there were 38 people on his coach. Well done Steve and thank you for making our trips so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 307 and I would say that although the room was good, the water supply was not. We...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your reveiw. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and all the staff looked after you so well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Travelled from manchester to sandown via coach, and I must admit I wasn't looking forward to the journey but can say I was pleasantly surprised, the shearings coach was comfortable,and the trip was well planned, arriving at the hotel we found the reception staff helpful and considering that there was 38 of us to check in this was done efficiently by the hotel staff. The hotel is an old mansion, and as expected I found it to be old with many of the original features still in place, lots of nooks & crannies and full of character, but on the whole a nice clean comfortable hotel. There was 10 of us in our party and the hotel staff managed to seat us all together for our meals, the dining room staff were very efficient when serving our meals, nothing was too much trouble for them, (well done staff) there was always a good choice of meals and considering I am a fussy eater I found the food to be lovely. As it had been snowing and a planned excursion had to be postponed due to the weather, the driver Steve kept us well informed about the new arrangements for the trip, I found the driver of the coach to be helpful and very knowledgeable about the island, the trips that he took us on was a pleasant experience, overall I found him to be a nice chatty person, this is the first time I have travelled with Shearings and found the whole experience very relaxing. Would certainly travel with them in the future.

Room Tip: Room 215 is at the end of a corridor, nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everyone looked after you so well, we look forward to seeing you again.
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just returned (15-0313) from my first experience of a Shearing's holiday at the Bay Broadway Park Hotel with 9 of my family, I have to say it was an excellent experience.
We went via coach & was a very comfortable experience, our driver was called Steve, he took from Warwick to Isle of Wight & on 2 excursions around the island.
His knowledge of the island was amazing he entertained the all the guests & was helpful, polite, pleasant & cheerful, thank you Steve on behalf of our party you helped make our trip.
I have to disagree with previous comments, as an emergency service driver I found his driving to be of the highest standard, what you would expect from all Shearing's drivers.
The hotel was as some guest stated slightly dated but was fabulous it was clean & all the staff were excellent and friendly, the food was great plenty of choice every night.
The entertainment was very good with a special mention to the comedian sandra on Tuesday night & the pianist & vocals joe on Thursday.
I would recommend the hotel excellent value for money, I would recommend Shearing's holidays again excellent value for money.
Again thank you Shearing's & Steve for a fabulous trip we will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and everyone looked after you so well, thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review.
Bolton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just returned from a weekend break with Shearings. The hotel, although in need of sprucing up, was clean and comfortable. The staff were exceptionally friendly, helpful and polite. The food was varied and good. The only drawback to the holiday was our driver Steve. He was self opinionated and a bully on the road passing unfavourable comments about foreign lorry drivers, cyclists and horse riders but his pet hate was women drivers. He was particularly rude to one lady in particular. He never conversed with any of his passengers unless they spoke to him first. When we left the hotel in almost blizzard conditions he preferred to find a shaded spot to light his cigarette rather than help passengers onto the coach even though he knew the steps from the hotel were slippery. I was amazed when he left the coach at Warwick services and actually said "some people give me a tip, others don't" (his words). I found this totally distasteful. Apart from the driver, the holiday was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Go on any additional trips, with a guide if possible, to learn more about the island.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was sorry to read that you felt the driver was not very professional in his duties, we normally receive very good feedback from all our coach passengers.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from an excellent 4day holiday at this hotel with my sister, the service and the food were excellent, the only criticism, I have is that our driver Steve left a lot to be desired, he was very impatient with other drivers and especially women drivers, he used bullying tactics sometimes and almost pushed drivers off the road at times, he never helped anyone on or off the coach even in the snow on Saturday when we left, preferring to have a smoke instead... The worst part of all I thought was the way he almost, in a roundabout way, asked for a tip when he left the coach at Warwick.. I found this totally unacceptable.. Apart from this little blip it was an excellent holiday and very enjoyable..

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you did not have a very good relationship with the driver which is very unusual as our drivers are usually very professional within their duties.
Wallasey, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just returned from a four day Shearings break and the Broadway is by far the best hotel we have stayed in so far having stayed at several Shearing holiday hotels before , our room was spotless bright and very peaceful . The food was always good ,hot and varied would recommend this excellent value for money hotel to anyone visiting the Isle of Wight

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, please do recommend us to others and make a return visit. Thank you.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

we have jest come back from this holiday and would like to say what a great time we had the hotel was great very clean meals were very good more than enough to eat and the staff could not do enough to help you the entertainment was good and the driver on this trip was IAN and he was great took us all over oevr all this was a great holiday for the price we paid thanks to all ivnoved

Room Tip: rooms on lower floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Always good to receive excellent feedback I shall pass you comments on to all the staff. Thank you.

Been to Bay Broadway Park Hotel? Share your experiences!