“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Whitley Bay
Nottingham
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here for the second time last week. The B&B is in a good location in a quiet street, and it is run by friendly people who are always willing to help. The breakfast is delicious. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There’s plenty of on street parking, and the Metro, town, and sea-front are all only 5 minutes away. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I'm sure we'll be back to Oaktree Lodge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I needed to overnight in Whitley Bay and by chance picked Oaktree Lodge via an internet search engine. Luck was definitely on my side as it turned out to be a simply wonderful bed and breakfast run by a couple of people for whom nothing was too much trouble. Sonia and Andrew are genuinely friendly and really made me feel at home. Although I arrived late they saved me a parking space and I even had my bag carried to my room by Andrew.

I stayed in a big room (Room 8, I think) with a large bay window overlooking the front of the hotel. Many such places claim to be conveniently situated, but few deliver on that promise as well as Oaktree Lodge does. It really is a couple of minutes away from the Esplanade with all its restaurants and also the sea, just walk out the front door, look to your right and it is in front of you!

My room had lots of nice little touches: Properly functioning wi-fi so I could catch up on my e-mails. Complimentary mineral water, biscuits and a choice of tea and coffee. Perhaps most importantly the bed was comfortable and the bath and toilet facilities in my room were spotlessly clean. The next morning, breakfast was as good as any I've had, it was delicious, served quickly and a truly relaxing start to the day. I really cannot recommend this place too highly and I will certainly try to book it again when I'm next up in Whitley Bay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Dont usaully stay at b&bs, only hotels but this b&b was just very very good, friendly welcombe Adrian took our cases to our room which was very clean with everything you would want.
we were given a pot of tea and a chat on our arrival. we asked about good places to eat and was told to go to a wonderful Italian resturant which was excellent and a new Indian which had just open and they got us a table although they place was fully booked. Breakfast was everything you wanted and very well cooked.If all B&Bs were this good i think i could get used to staying in them. P.S. The only down side for my Partner was No full length mirror but she is fussy!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Agree with Barbara H and Bonnie F. Clean and comfortable rooms, great breakfast but the clincher is the friendliness of the team there and how accomodating they were to us. Very friendly towards families but do check because at the time we went they didn't have cots or high chairs - as we were forewarned we took our own cot and there was plenty of space in the room we were in to set it up (room 5).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westbrook, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This B & B was clean and comfortable; the breakfast using organic produce was delicious and the host was very helpful with directions and such. I highly recommend the Oaktree Lodge. We chose the location for its proximity to the North Sea and to the start of Hadrian's Wall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed one night in preparation for walking Hadrian's Wall Path. The rooms are very comfortable and the location is great. It is just short walk from the Metro. The owner was friendly and provided us with a great breakfast. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Calne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our Hadrian's Way walk for 1 night. The greeting was warm and friendly and the owner took our heavy cases to our room which is very unusual as we normally are expected to lug them up ourselves. We were given a recommendation on where to dine which was very useful.
The room was exceptionally clean and fresh smelling with toiletries, tissues, hairdrier, herbal teas with the tea making facilities and shoe cleaning kit.
Breakfast was lovely with fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, toast and cooked options. Being vegetarian I was offered a meat substitute which is not that common but very welcome.
I highly recommend this guest house and had a wonderfully comfortable say here.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Oaktree Lodge? Share your experiences!