“Above my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Esplanade, Whitley Bay, England   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Whitley Bay
“Above my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for my mates stag weekend. Prior to arriving I wasn't expecting much as I was of the opinion that if they accept stag parties then it wouldn't be up to much. However, on arriving that opinion soon changed. The place is extremely clean and modern for a B&B and just of the main strip so it's both convenient and quiet (we stayed in one of the front rooms and even that was quiet). I would happily recommend the Chedburgh to a friend and wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lincolnshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stayed at the Chedburgh Hotel recently and really enjoyed staying here. Clean and tidy rooms with a contemporary décor. I had the pleasure of staying in the best room in the hotel (room 4) so make sure you get this one if you can. I also stayed in another room there which was smaller but yet still well equipped and again clean and tidy. I didn't have the breakfast there so I can't comment on that but if the breakfasts were as good as the rooms then you'll be on to a winner. The people that have left bad comments/opinions must give it another chance as I was very pleased overall with standards.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed here for a girlie weekend. I think the reviews further down are a tad harsh. The hotel was clean and Louise was really friendly and accommodating and even said we could use her straightners if we had forgotten ours. The rooms are a little small but at the end of the day we only slep there. Most people going to Whitley Bay are in big groups and use the hotel as a base. If you want a posh hotel.... pay for one. This is £30 a night and the breakfast is gorgeous. Louise works really hard there and always has a smile on her face. We have stayed in the Rex in Whitley before and there was puke on the carpet from the previous guests.... the Chedburgh was lovely and clean....... x

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Recently stayed in the Chedburgh Hotel in Whitley Bay over the easter weekend 02.04.10 in a lads lets get smashed weekend!
The location is excellent – 1 street away from all the bars and a 1 min walk into the centre for cash machines etc… Whilst its only 1 street away from the bars and clubs, there was no noise at all so a good nights sleep could be had.
The rooms are small but clean. Whilst the tv didn’t work in the room, it wasn’t too much of an issue for this trip as its was a drinking weekend. The tv is my mates room worked though. The beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast the following morning was served and was quality food. The service was excellent as well.
When you’re paying £30 per person for the night you cant argue! I checked this website before going and didn’t experience anything that the bad reviews mentioned. I would stay here again if I was heading up to Whitley Bay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Arriving Friday afternoon on a stag do, we were met by the friendly owners, who checked us in quickly and efficiently - as you can imagine 20 lads can sometime be a little boisterous, and it was taken all in good spirits. All of the rooms were clean and as described on the website, and after having spoken with a few people who had been elsewhere in Whitley Bay we were very lucky to be a) so close to the bars, and b)in a place which was clean, well presented and offered all we wanted at a very reasonable price. The rooms offered flat screen TV and sky. Excellent. The breakfast was top notch and just what was required after a Friday and Saturday sampling a few of Whitley Bays finest establishments. I would wholeheartedly recommend you stay at the Chedburgh if you are in Whitely Bay.

• Stayed March 2010
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I can not believe some of the reviews I am reading. I have stayed at this hotel twice before with groups of friends and this time I stayed with my girlfriend (who is very hard to please!!) and each time we have found it great. The rooms have always been clean and tidy, it is in a great location-about 2 mins away from the town centre and beach(and about 1 min away from the pubs!) The food has always been of a good standard and the young couple who run the hotel are lovely and very very helpfull.The lady who wrote `the war & piece` review below should take note of my title because you get what you pay for, this hotel is great value for the price but if you expect the world pay £150 a night to stay at the Hylton!!!!! I would def.recommend this hotel and will be staying again next time I am in the North East.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Berwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed in the Chedburgh with a group of friends for my birthday weekend and I would find it hard to fault the place. Cant beleive some of the harsh reviews. It was exactly what we needed. The rooms were clean and very trendy and the owners Paul and Louise were lovely. Breakfast was nice. I would deffinatly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Been to The Chedburgh Hotel? Share your experiences!