“Best Indian restaurant I've sampled” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Whitley Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Takdir can be translated to mean 'luck' or 'destiny'. This Indian restaurant has been running successfully under the same ownership since 1979. Mamzy and Suff have taken over from their father of the day to day running of the business. With them around they make it a very calm, easy and relaxed atmosphere to be in. They do whatever they can to make your experience memorable and make you feel like... your at home away from home. Takdir is perfectly situated on East Parade, as it looks out onto the sea and after a windswept walk, or even drive along the seafront it can be quite inviting.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant I've sampled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Not only is the food outstanding the service from the two brothers suf and mamz is out of this world.

Great value and very generous portions and I would recommend this to anyone.

If only Whitley bay had a few more places like this!!!

• Visited January 2013
Mamzy112, Owner at Takdir, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for the lovely comments, your review of our restaurant is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again in the near furture.

UK
“Excellent menu choice and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We ate here for a group meal, and both the service and menu choice were excellent, and the meal superb.

Visited December 2012
Mamzy112, Owner at Takdir, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for the positive review you left us, we appreciate it very much.
Cullercoats, United Kingdom
“My 60th birthday night out with my family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was taken for a meal at the Takdir for my 60th birthday. Upon arrival we were greeted by Mamzy himself we didn't have to wait long for a table even though the restaurant was fairly busy. We chose our dishes with help from "Midge" one of the waiters there. We were given appetisers of poppadoms and 4 types of pickles while we were awaiting our starters. We took advantage of their 5 course meal for £9.95. There was so much to choose from. As we were 4 adults we ordered 4 different meals so we could try each of them. They were all delicious. They spoke to my 7 year old granddaughter to find out what sort of food she liked and she enjoyed Scampi and chips which was chosen by the staff especially for her. They were made Ellie feel at home and showed her how to make the fan shaped napkins. All of the staff gathered round to sing happy birthday to me and presented me with a cake and candle to blow out.
There was a good selection of wine and drinks to choose from and enjoyed quite a few. We changed our coffee to an Irish Coffee for a small extra charge.
My 60th birthday was amazing with help from Mamzy and his staff. The food delicious. Atmosphere cozy, warm and friendly.
I would without hesitation recommend Takdir as the place to go,

• Visited January 2013
Mamzy112, Owner at Takdir, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. We were delighted to have you and your family on your 60th birthday and hope it was a memorable one at that.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Good food, good atmosphere and lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went to the Takdir on a Friday evening for a meal with a couple friends after hearing some good reviews about this restaurant. This was my first time here and certainly won't be my last.

Upon arrival I was greeted by friendly staff and didn't have to wait long for a table even though the restaurant was fairly busy. I asked the waiter what dishes he recommended and he was very helpful, as I explained to him that I wasn't a big fan of very spicy food.
With help from the waiter I ordered a selection of food for us all to share, which included appetisers, starters and a few mains. The tandoori mixed grill, chicken chaat and chicken korma are a must try.

Our meal was absolutely delicious, and having not been the biggest fan of Indian food after a few bad meals from other restaurants, i have been converted and will definitely be returning to the Takdir. For the standard of the meal I was shocked at how affordable it was, as I have been to other Indian restarants and the food hasn't tasted as nice as the Takdir, but the price has been has ridiculous.

Overall the food was amazing, the staff were helpful and friendly, and there was a lovely atmosphere in the reataurant making it a really good night out. I would highly recommend anybody go and try this restaurant who enjoy good food.

• Visited December 2012
Mamzy112, Owner at Takdir, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write the review, your comments are much appreciated. We are very happy that you had a great experience. Come back to see us soon, we would love to have you and your friends back.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Best curry in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best restaurant I have ever been to by a long way! Amazing food, great atmosphere and affordable prices. Will never go to any other Indian restaurants now in this area as I feel it is truly unbeatable!

• Visited December 2012
Mamzy112, Owner at Takdir, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, we welcome all positive comments. We hope you come back soon to enjoy our food and service.