“Ok for what it was....” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 25 Restaurants in Ramsey
Isle of Man
“Ok for what it was....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We called in for lunch today, as we were going to be late arriving in Ramsey and the Lake View served until 2.30. The bar is situated just off the Reception, and was open plan with big windows. Not a lot of atmosphere, but I think in the summer it will be much better as they have a patio outisde and the outlook over the Mooragh Park is good. The two ladies behind the bar were friendly and looked after us well. Food was cheap - we took advantage of the two courses for £10. I opted for the stilton rarebit, my other half for a tuna jacket potato. My rarebit was really just cheese on toast - two thin slices of white bread (I don't eat white bread!!) with a lot of cheese on top, didn't really get the rarebit flavours of beer and mustard. I'd have preferred a chunky bit of bread, and just one slice would have been fine with some substantial bread). Hubby's jacket spud came fresh out of the microwave (complete with some pretty white foam on the potato skin, and in a layer of water). However, he said it was tasty and the tuna and mayo was fine (though a bit of onion might have improved it!). It's not restaurant quality, but for a very reasonably priced lunch in nice surroundings I'd say it's definitely a good place to come to. Ramsey doesn't have many places open on a Monday, so this is a good choice for a light lunch. Sorry to rate it as average - would prefer "good" but TA don't have the option. (Oh, and the loo was spotless - can't fault them for cleanliness). We'd go back.

• Visited February 2014