“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dear Readers, We have opened Kurries and Steaks with an intention to be a restaurant serving Indian food along with steaks instead of the usual curry houses. You will not find your balti and patia dishes on our menu as we do not believe in using proprietary sauces or any food colouring. But we can serve you indian version of fish and chips and prawn cocktail where we have used spices carefully to give you a taste of fusion. Myself and the chef are business partners and have worked in some of the best establishments in Mumbai, India and on the Isle of Man. We are passionate about the food we serve and the service we provide. We suggest you come and try for yourself and have your own opinion about us, some will like us, some will hate us and some will love us the most. That's the business catering is as we all have our own favourites when it comes down to food. Looking forward to serving you all and lots more. Shriharsh Naik Manager
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been to this restaurant on 5 occasions and thought that now would be a good time to share my experiences. Bottom line - the food is fantastic quality, the ambiance is relaxing, the staff are both friendly and ultimately professional.

The menu is smaller than offered in an average Indian restaurant. There are a number of specials available each night though, which the owner (manager) takes great delight in talking you through - explaining the various ingredients and methods of cooking. I no longer look at the menu as I have had a special starter and special main the last 4 times I have been. All have been delicious. The owner is very proud of the food served, taking a great interest in your opinion of the meal you have eaten (without being at all over-bearing).

If you want fantastic Indian food, that is just that little bit different, try here. I am so glad I decided to give it a try when the previous restaurant closed.

I still go to one of the other Indian restaurants in Douglas (as often as I frequent Kurries and Steaks) - which also serves great food. What Kurries and Steaks offers is something different and I am so glad it does.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good but not amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The food is very nice and the staff are very friendly.
If you are going out for a good old fashioned curry this isn't for you. The food is neatly presented and very tasty but there isn't enough of it and it's quite pricey for what you get.
If my friends said we are off here and would I like to go then yes I would but it would never be my choice.

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We ate here last night.The food was excellent,well presented and really tasty and the restaurant was warm and busy for a Monday night.We thoroughly enjoyed everything we had.You must try it,we will be back.!

Visited March 2014
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Another fabulous meal at Kurries and Steak, food was delicious and flavoursome as usual and service very attentive. Would highly recommend and most certainly will be back

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laxey, United Kingdom
“A cut above the other curry houses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Went early on a Friday evening and by 8pm it was packed, no wonder. The restaurant was very clean, the staff welcoming and the wait for the meal was just over ten minutes. If you want fresh, well cooked,good quality food at a reasonable price then look no further. Much better than the average Indian fare, the owners who also work there should be very proud.

Visited February 2014