“Really like this little restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Really like this little restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Really like this little restaurant. Been back 3 times now in the last couple of months. Food delicious, service excellent, nice atmosphere and exceptionally clean. Will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“A wonderful Thai restaurant with food to die for...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This is within the Acacia Boutique Hotel on Douglas Promenade. There is ample free parking outside the restaurant. The restaurant has a lovely warm feeling and is decorated in a clean and simple style, with white glass table tops and black furnishings. On arrival, we were greeted warmly by Melody Crosby, the owner I think. We were given a nicely laid table, glossy white with bamboo table mats which created a nice ambience. We were served drinks while we browsed the extensive menu. We chose Tom Kar Gai which is a spicy hot & sour soup with chicken, galanga, mushrooms, lime leaves, lemon juice, chillies and coconut milk. It was the finest outside of Asia we have tasted, truly delicious. Not for the faint hearted, as it could be too hot for some people. For my main course I chose Gat Phad Prik Sot which is stir fried chicken with long red chillies, onions and spring onions. It was served on a lovely plate, and looked delicious, with all the colourful ingredients and smells mingling together. I asked for assistance with which rice to choose and was recommended the Jasmine rice. It perfectly complimented this wonderful flavoursome dish. I was not disappointed, as it was truly gorgeous, and not too spicy, despite lots of red chillies. My other half chose Kaeng Khiao-Waan which is chicken in a thai green curry cooked in coconut milk with thai vegetable, thai eggplant, lime leaves and basil leaves, and egg fried rice. It was lovely also, and all dishes are cooked fresh to order, and you can see the chefs cooking away through the open hatch. Service is good, quick, and when asked if everything was okay, this felt like a genuine enquiry. We were persuaded to try a thai dessert and chose a banana dish which was deep fried and rolled in coconut, with honey drissled over it served with ice cream. Yummy. To summarise, a true taste of thailand, with excellent choice, service, and value. As a repeat customer, I highly recommend this restaurant, and will return again and again.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Good food but too pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food and service was good but didn't warrant the high price. Shame as it would have been somewhere we would have visited again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Douglas, United Kingdom
“A very enjoyable Valentine's meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I went for Valentine's night as the New Manila had been recommended to us. We weren't disappointed. Service was good and not rushed. Food was tasty and freshly prepared and not too spicy. The menu indicated how many chillies each dish was which is always useful if you don't like really hot/spicy food. We had the set menu - 2 courses being about £25 per person. Starters were good and well presented. There was no problem in swapping one of the main course dishes on the set menu either as neither of us like king prawns. Staff were attentive and the decor of the restaurant is very attractive and modern. Would go back and I would certainly recommend the New Manilla.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Pricey and average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

First of all it doesnt start well when its a thai restaurant named after the capital of the phillipines....

I love thai food, I found this place very pricey for what it was. Food was average but I wouldnt be jumping up and down to go again, I havent in fact visited again.

If your stuck for a Thai then go but there are better ones on the island.

• Visited June 2012