“Segway - possibly the best way to spend an hour in a Forest!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 Activities in Douglas
Type: Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway Safari tours inside some of the Islands beautiful forests. You will be rewarded with outstanding views and have more fun than you've ever had on two wheels standing up! We also offer tours along Douglas Promenade and Castletown beach.
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Segway - possibly the best way to spend an hour in a Forest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I received a Voucher for a Segway Safari for my birthday, from my son and fiance and we went in September 2013. Booking was simple through the website, and there's a choice of forests to go to, we chose South Barrule.

None of us had Segway-ed before, and I'm a serial scaredy cat who was quite apprehensive to start with! We were kitted out with protective headgear, then Jason and Mark gave us safety instructions and demonstrated how to make a segway stop and start. Then it was our turn, they let us loose around the car park to try it out and get comfortable with it before going into the forest. It's far easier than you'd imagine, so long as you relax, the things can only go 7mph so its not scary at all!

Our safari was lead by Jason who set the pace and stopped at regular intervals to make sure we were all still with him and not lost - he was very patient. The pathways around the forest vary in terrain and theres a lovely stretch near the start that settles you in a treat and you can't help but grin by the end of it. In fact I wanted to turn round and do it again! We did a lap and then returned to the car park. I was gutted and thought it was over already, so I was made up to learn it wasn't and we were good enough to take the limiter off.....we were now allowed to go a whole 2mph faster .... and it was even better than before!

Jason added a bit onto the second lap and brought us to a vantage point which looked out over the south of the island, it was a beautiful view well worth seeing.

So book yours today, it'll make you grin like a nutter, and there's even cakes and drinks afterwards!

Visited September 2013

Onchan, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Saturday morning segway outing - brilliant...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great fun, something different and a great topic of conversation. These guys really go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy the experience, they are passionate about what they do and passionate about ensuring you enjoy every minute of it. Thoroughly recommend it!

Ramsey, United Kingdom
“Segway, Isle of Man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I booked Segway Isle of May for the first time when my niece and my brother came to visit in August 2013. It is a great activity for almost everyone. Despite what people might think, it requires no strength or special balance skills, the Segway does everything for you - it is fantastic. Jason and Simon who were our guides were excellent, they train everyone on the Segway before progressing to the tour through the woods. They spend as much time as you need to ensure that you are confident on the machine before progressing, and it is all handled in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. The off-road tracks through South Barrule provide for a thrilling experience. My favourite attraction on the Island. Dee.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Segway Tour in the Isle of Man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

As a resident of the Isle of Man, it is great to see new attractions being brought to the Island by people who live on the Island. From the point of making the booking to when it finished Jason and Mark made us all feel very welcome and we had lots of fun! I would highly recommend this to everyone who is looking to do something different whether you are a visitor or you live on the Island. Well dont to Jason and Mark for bringing a new, fun activity to out beautiful Isle!!! We are looking forward to doing it again :-)))

“Fabulous fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went for my partners birthday, and had so much fun! I fell off twice but even that was fun! Jason and mark were great tour guides. A must for anyone coming to the island :-)

Visited May 2013