“Friendly Italian atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Italian Job

The Italian Job
The Villa Marina Arcade, Harris Promenade, Douglas (Formerly Davison's The Italian Job)
01624 676905
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Friendly Italian atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

In Douglas on Sunday nights, there is almost nothing open, but we found the Italian Job, and it was excellent in service, food and wine in an open cafe style. Didn't find it from the directory, but its next to the Gaiety theatre in the arcade, joined to the ice cream. Our food was tasty and well presented.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Godmanchester, null, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a really good meal and wine. The service was excellent, gluten free pasta was available and very good. Will be going back.

Visited June 2013
Isle of Man
“Should be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant 4 times now, and each has successively gotten worse. Upon our last trip we were pleased that upon walking in we were shown to a table straight away as it was pretty quiet - the manager is always welcoming.
However my main 'The Italian Job' which is a 'Bismark' pizza with an egg in the middle was served with very little parma ham, over-boiled spinach and a solid, over-cooked egg.
I have eaten this numerous times in other Italians - mainly whilst on vacation in Italy (!) so expected it to be a lot better. I asked the waiter if I could have the egg runny and I was practically laughed at. 'It does not come ...runny..? It is impossible to cook like that.'
When I suggested just another egg (the reason why I like the pizza in the first place,) yet again I was looked at as if I was an idiot. Never-the-less I had another pizza cooked (much to the talking in the kitchen, and yes I do understand some angry Italian!) this time with the egg perfectly runny.
For something so simple I was disgusted with the attitude we were given and were practically ignored for the rest of the meal. We will probably not be visiting again even though my partner enjoyed his meal as there are other Italians on the island with friendlier staff and as-decent food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bolton le Sands, United Kingdom
“Alfesco dining at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

In the heat of a July evening there is nothing better than sitting outside enjoying good food, adequate amounts of alcohol served by pleasant cheerful staff and catching some local Manx folk music as an extra freebie. So much better than could be provided by the hotel we were staying at. We began with a Caprese Insalata which we shared, followed by home made crab ravioli which is a first for me, and was beautiful. Deserts followed and coffee after which we were well satisfied and full. Pity it is so far away.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
down
“nice meal but staff could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

ate here on first night of holiday ,food was nice but staff could definitely learn to smile and be friendly-exception being irish waiter who was lovely. when if asked if they have booked customer says no first night of holiday to me staff should then ask questions/make suggestions-please see harbour lights ramsey review! it takes me a long while to earn £40 and craic is part of value for money/eating out experience. its a shame because food was nice and if staff had been nicer it would have been a four star!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere