“Fabulous Services and Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Services and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stumbled across McFarlanes by mistake, and that we the luckiest mistake we had made in a long time.
Although it is predominately a seafood restaurant they were not phased by my fish and seafood allergy, I had a fantastic steak cooked to perfection, my husband had Hallibut and Queenies, which he tells me are the best he has ever had.
All three courses were lovely, as was the wine to accompany our meal and the Bayleys Coffee to finish the evening.
We were very lucky to be able to get a table on a friday night and I recommend booking, we will definatly be booking to go again on our next trip to the Isle of Man.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denmark
“Very good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

As this restaurant has 2 and 3 meals deals we took advantage of this.

The place is small and not particularly charming but the food is the main attraction and it was certainly excellent.

I had duck and sticky toffee (see my pictures) and both dishes were delicious!

Make your reservation and have a good time!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Nice place, looks a bit pub-ish. The booths feel really big and over the top, with too much surrounding space when just two people are sat at them, but when four people are sat down they are squashed. It was far too hot in there once I insisted we leave and not eat dessert and I thought I was going to faint due to the heat and stuffi-ness. Food is great though, very delicious. The table by the door and window looks like the most unappealing place to sit, although we never sat there. (Thank goodness).

Visited May 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is simply outstanding food. I actually tend to look at the food quality first when rating a restaurant - a novel thought to some, it appears. The decor may not be to everyone's preference, though I don't see why (or why its relevant) - its perfectly acceptable. The food is a delight - great soup, superb lamb and the various vegetables, and the cheesecake for desert was the best I have ever eaten. Unobtrusive service, perfectly happy to delay our order while we waited for a late colleague. Friends I was with had fish pie and considered it to be of top quality. I can easily see why it is in the 2013 Michelin Guide. Ignore the churlish review from one contributor - this is as good you will get - and at a decent price. Cannot wait to go back on my next visit to the island.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Isle of Man
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Loved the food. Every course was delicious. Excellent. Have to say probably best meal I have had on the Island in a long time.

Visited February 2014