“Valentine's day ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: English
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Valentine's day ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Absolutely amazing, awesome food and really good value for money. Well worth the the money I paid. Definitely worth coming back the staff were so relaxed on such a busy night and the chefs were awesome for putting that menu together they deserve a pint at least and thank you once again.

Isle of Man
“ok but very pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Some very fancy titles for basic food that costs a fortune. Cramped cafe for the "IN" crowd took my kids here for lunch ended up paying nearly £40 for 3 of us for a pizza, a ham sandwich and soup!

London, United Kingdom
“Getting better all the time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The last time I went to 14 North I had one of the tastiest meals I've had anywhere, for ages - a lovely take on Manx queenies (with pesto) followed by delicious local Loaghtan Lamb. The restaurant's been getting better all the time and is a real credit to the owner and staff. It still feels a bit like an upmarket seaside cafe and the upstairs can be a bit soulless, but I really like it. I was a whisker away from giving it a 5,

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Fantastic NYE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had an NYE booking here with friends fir their special 5 course meal including cocktail for £45 pp. We had a fantastic time, the foid was scrumptious, the staff were fab, the champagne flowed and wegad fun with the crackers and poppers. Cant wait gor the next time we go!

Visited December 2013
“Yes But No But Yes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I had received good reports about 14 North so was looking forward to a great evening.
We were greeted by a friendly member of staff, who showed us to our table & left us with the menus & wine list which has a good range of wines for such a small place.
We stared with Bread & some superb olives, Manx Queenies in their shells, delicious, Foie Gras, disappointing. To follow we had Roasted Monk Fish, very good, Ribeye Steak, Slow cooked Lamb, which was tasty but the presentation was poor. We washed this down with 2 bottles of Louis Latour's Pinot Noir.
The staff & Maitre d' are excellent & nothing is too much trouble for them. For their sake I would have liked to have given a better rating. The problem is that for the price point, this is not cheap, I expect better presentation .

Visited January 2014