“Members and guests only” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 attractions in Dunbar
Type: Golf Courses
Attraction Details
Dunbar, United Kingdom
“Members and guests only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

nice ambience but limited to members and guests. Good menu choice. Very good bar. Good views of course and the sea

Visited January 2014
Dunbar_golf_club, Manager at Dunbar Golf Club, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your time in the Clubhouse but sorry to hear you couldn’t get out on the Links. We very much welcome visitors to Dunbar Golf Club. It is only on certain days that access to the course is limited to Members and their guests - Thursday to Sunday from November to end of February. Outwith this (March to October) the only day visitors cannot play the course is a Thursday.

Carmel, California
“More like Pebble Beach than Pebble Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Nothing had prepared me for just how spectacular the setting for Dunbar Golf Club would be until we turned the car along the narrow lane leading to the charming old clubhouse. My two colleagues and I loved this place. We travelled over to Scotland for the British Open at Muirfield (July '13). There are so many great holes particularly in the stretch from the 4th thru 17th. The 4th and 17th holes were in fact my personal favorites but with some eight holes running directly alongside the ocean this is more like Pebble Beach than my home course...and that actually is Pebble Beach CA! Such a friendly place too so thanks to all concerned for making our trip such a success. Chuck Lawrence

Visited August 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Spectacular Golfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We brought our clubs from the US to play golf everyday of two-week our trip. Dunbar Links was the last course we played, on our last day. The course is in fabulous condition-- the bunkers are deep with "funnels" that will take your ball right off the fairway and into them if you get just a wee bit close. We played with Peter, a local member, (and his dog!) who advised me on one shot that "this is a two club wind." I added the requisite two clubs and put it three feet from the pin which wouldn't have happened without Peter there. Later, my husband and I took Peter out for lunch and a drink (the dog had his outside.)
Dunbar is right on the water with holes that flow along the natural terrain in a way that you think no architect was involved. It's a beautiful and graceful layout and quite tough, but very fair. Our disappointment was to play each course only once. This was one we would have liked to play again and again. (Especially with Peter and his dog as caddies!)

Visited August 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Disapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Enjoyed the course it has been on my list of courses to play for a few years. Nice friendly welcome and brilliant weather and at £40
good value. Having hosted final qualifying for the open just the week before I thought the condition of the course was poor especially the greens. some interesting holes and the views over the bay are top drawer. Glad I have played it but I wont be rushing back.

Visited July 2013
Dunbar_golf_club, Manager at Dunbar Golf Club, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments, naturally we are disappointed to see that you were disappointed with the condition of our course. We believe this was entirely due to the extended spell of extremely dry weather experienced across East Lothian and consequently the course became a bit stressed in places – a fate shared by other quality Links courses. We do believe however that the greens were running true and overall the course presented a real test of links golf.
Edinburgh
“Best Links Golf in East Lothian.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This course is simply brilliant, great test of golf and amazing coastal views. The greens are good all year round but particularly good at the moment, June. Well worth it's status as Open Championship qualifier. Don't forget the club house, friendly staff and great catering. Well worth a visit.

Visited June 2013