“Team Garleton are excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garleton Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haddington
Garleton Lodge
You added Garleton Lodge to your Saves list
West Garleton | Haddington, Haddington EH41 3SL, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Haddington B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Team Garleton are excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed at Garleton for 3 nights for my Mum's surprise 60th birthday- have to say that we couldn't have picked a better place. Nothing was a hassle for either Gavin or Jackie- they're a great duo, and a credit to the lodge. Delicious meals, particularly the long lazy breakfasts. Fantastic hosts, great rooms, good craic and would recommend the lodge to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had my hen weekend planned for me at Garleton Lodge! All I knew was that we were going to Garleton and had been allowed to view the website! It was even better than I thought! Jacqui and Gavin welcomed us into their luxury home and subtly attended to our every need! The rooms were beautiful and there was loads of space...even for 23 hens! I honestly couldn't thank Jacqui and Gavin enough! I'd highly recommend Garleton Lodge to any groups hoping to have a wonderfully catered for and 5* stay!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are decorated to a very high standard and are ensuite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We recently stayed at Garleton Lodge whilst working locally and we cannot praise it highly enough.
Gavin and Jackie were welcoming, friendly and bent over backwards to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble for them, always smiling and making us feel at home.
The hotel has some stunning views of the surrounding countryside and was extremely clean and tidy. Jackie is an excellent Cook and all of our meals were of the highest standard.
If you are staying in the area, stay here! And with 27 golf courses within the vicinity its a must for golfers.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and all have views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

A massive thank you to Gavin and Jackie for making our day so special. We all had a fantastic time from the moment we arrived. We were blown away by the stunning scenery , first class accommodation and warm hospitality.
Our wedding breakfast, evening buffet and breakfast the following morning were all excellent.
All of our guests felt very well looked after and had a fabulous time.
Our bridal suite was incredible, with views across East Lothian and the Firth of Forth to the Bridges and the Fife coast.
All in all it was an incredible experience.
Garleton Lodge has to be the best wedding venue .
A huge thank you again to Gavin and Jackie .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just back from my future sister in laws hen weekend and all I can say is the lodge, Gavin and Jackie were amazing!! Myself and the other bridesmaids chose the lodge because we had a mix of all ages coming and wanted a base that was close enough to Edinburgh for a night out. The price was great and included diner on the first night in the fantastic Swedish BBQ hut, a gorgeous place to eat and relax. We then retired to the lounge where we played games all evening and had a great time! There were another group staying at the lodge but Gavin did a superb job of separating us and to be honest it was like we had the lodge to ourselves! In total there were 15 of us with ages ranging from 28-70ish and I can safely say everyone of the ladies loved it!
We £10 corkage and this was great as it meant we could bring our own drink, we had a fridge in the lounge to keep everything and we could leave stuff there as we wished. They also allowed us to decorate the lounge to with photos of the bride and balloons etc. in the morning we were treated to a gorgeous full scottish breakfast and Jackie had cleaned up our glasses from the night before (which she really didn't have to do!!) during the day we had some sumo fighting and then relaxed in the host tub which was a definite highlight!!!! That evening we had a lovely 3 course meal before some of us headed to Edinburgh in taxis which Gavin organised for us!
The accommodation was beautiful and immaculate! Nothing was too much trouble and to top it of one of the bridesmaids recently diagnosed as Coeliac was so well looked after I think it was the best food she has had in ages!!!!!!! Gavin put up with all my questions and had answers for them all and was always contactable!
Overall we had an unforgettable weekend and will definitely be back and an not recommend this place highly enough! You must go and stay here!!
Steph

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just back from a business trip and stayed at the Garleton Lodge, I was recommended to stay here and I'm really glad I did, as other reviewers have mentioned nothing was too much trouble for Gavin and Jackie they are great hosts. The hotel is situated in a lovely quiet location with views to die for. The rooms are very nice clean and have everything you need. I will definitely be returning on business and this will be my first option, will also consider bringing my golf clubs up and giving Gavin a lesson :-)

Steve Underwood - Leicester

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fife, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have just spent two nights at Garleton Lodge as part of an annual golf tournament organised by Gavin. The accommodation and welcome are second to none and even catered for a very tardy start by the winner on Sunday morning. Nothing is too much trouble. I will always remember sitting out by the hot tub watching the sunset over Fife as the full moon rose from behind. It is a fantastic location run by wonderful hosts. I cannot recommend it more highly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Garleton Lodge? Share your experiences!