We stayed here in June for one night.
- Beautiful location and building.
- Nice bar for evening drinks.
- Grounds and settings.
- Good size room.
- Spa facilities.
- Lady at reception for check in was not welcoming.
- Porter didn't show us to our room.
- No night turndown service. We had showered before going out for dinner and didn't have fresh towels on our return.
- Service in the Cultra Inn was painfully slow even though it was only about 30% full.
- The bedding had a funny smell. We only noticed this after going to bed so didn't call reception. We ended up putting most of it in the cupboard to escape the smell!
- Room service incredibly expensive. We had a continental breakfast for 2 with an orange juice and coffee....£37!!! There wasn't a price listed on the menu but we definitely regretted getting it.
All in all it was an ok stay but we've been fortunate enough to regularly stay in 5 star hotels all over the world and this one definitely ranks at the bottom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on the wooded slopes of the Holywood hills, overlooking Belfast Lough, is the magnificent Culloden Estate and Spa, one of the most prestigious 5 star hotels in Northern Ireland.Originally built as an official palace for the Bishops of Down, the Culloden stands in 12 acres of beautiful gardens and is 5 miles from Belfast City Centre. The exclusive Spa offers health and leisure facilities, and a full range of ESPA spa therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Culloden Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culloden Estate Hotel Holywood
- Culloden Estate And Spa
- Culloden Hotel
- Culloden Estate Holywood
- Culloden Estate & Spa Holywood, Northern Ireland