On the 1st April 2013 I celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary with my wife at the Culloden, and as with our previous visits to the hotel it was a fantastic experience with great food and service in a beautiful setting.
After a friendly, efficient checking we were shown to the beautiful ' FrenchSuite', a delightful suite with breathtaking views over Belfast Lough. After a quick swim we dressed for dinner in the Mitre Restaurant which we had booked during check in. We had pre dinner drinks in the bright new Crozier bar, an new addition to the hotel since our previous visit. Here we had a couple of delicious cocktails and relaxed while staff took our food order for dinner. Both the bar and restaurant staff were extremely friendly, efficient and knowledgable about the new extensive drinks menu and the options available for us for dinner.
After a few minutes we were shown to our table by restaurant staff, and in the relaxing environment of the restaurant had a delicious and beautifully presented dinner of locally sourced food. It is great to see the effort the Hastings group are making to use locally produced food and support local businesses, a fact that I believe deserves mention. After 4 delicious courses we were filled to bursting, and when we suggested taking a cheeseboard to the bar to finish our meal the staff were again happy to do this and nothing seemed to be a bother. In the bar we finished a fantastic meal,with a tasty hot port prepared for us by Seamus, the perfect way to finish a great evening.
The next morning we finished our stay with a delicious breakfast, and here again the approach and service provided by the staff was first class, even on a busy morning. The friendly, efficient manner the staff use in all the dealings with the public is a great reflection of the hotel, and made us feel very welcome .
Throughout the 2 days of our stay the staff were fantastic and made the difference. Stephen and Seamus in the bar, Andrew in the restaurant & Paula in 'Zest' in the Spa all went out of the way to make us feel welcome during our stay.
Overall I must complement the Culloden on all aspects of our stay - great service, great food and a beautiful room, a brilliant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on the wooded slopes of the Holywood hills, overlooking Belfast Lough, is the magnificent Culloden Estate and Spa, one of the most prestigious 5 star hotels in Northern Ireland.Originally built as an official palace for the Bishops of Down, the Culloden stands in 12 acres of beautiful gardens and is 5 miles from Belfast City Centre. The exclusive Spa offers health and leisure facilities, and a full range of ESPA spa therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Culloden Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culloden Estate And Spa
- Culloden Estate Hotel Holywood
- Culloden Hotel
- Culloden Estate Holywood
- Culloden Estate & Spa Holywood, Northern Ireland