“Very Dissapoined.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 134 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Café, Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: All day Steak & Grill with daily specials, selection of local seafood, lunchtime lite bites, vegetarian options and cream tea's open 7 days per week.Carvery on a Sunday using local sourced meat. Our aim is to provide high quality food using locally sourced produce where practicable. We have put a lot of effort into the selection of our coffee beans to produce a coffee to rival the best in the business. Our supplier has produced a blend that is unique to us in order to give us the taste we are striving for. We also have a wide variety of loose leaf teas.We offer a good selection of cakes and scones, most of which are home made.We are fully licensed and offer a range of locally produced beers and cider as well as some global brands. We also have a good selection of wines. The restaurant has been recently refurbished to provide a pleasant dining environment and boasts a large outdoor terrace seating area overlooking the garden, which is part covered so it can be used when the weather is not at its best.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Very Dissapoined.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

Booked this restaurant as the reviews sounded fantastic, unfortunately our visit did not live up to the reviews.
When I phoned to make the booking I was informed that we would be eating the Christmas Menu, I was informed that we may have to pre order the food, if so she would send me an e mail, this did not arrive so I assumed we didn't have to, I received a phone call the say before we were eating asking me for my food order, I explained that I had not received an e mail, this eventually came and I sent our food order.
We arrived at the restaurant, and seated, the young girl gave us the drinks menu, we ordered our drinks, the starters arrived not long after, the starters were very nice and tasty, the main course arrived, this is where it all went down hill, these dishes looked as if they had been cooked somewhere else and just warmed up in the restaurant, my partner asked for some extra roast potatoes, to be told that they didn't have any more as they had been portioned to all the plates, the roast potatoes were hard and chewy, the vegetables were not fresh, they tasted as if they had came out of a packet, the carrots were squidgy inside, the sprouts had a weird texture. At one point the waiter came out with a Yorkshire Pudding, he thought that would pacify my partner for not having anymore roast potatoes, needless to say my partner refused it.
The puddings arrived, everyone enjoyed theirs, but my partner had to eat mine as it was injected with alcohol, so I couldn't eat it as I don't like alcohol.
The service was very poor, no interaction from the staff in any way shape or form, we asked for the bill, which we paid, minus a tip, at no point were we offered our coffee and macaroons which was included in the price, we didn't even bother asking, because we couldn't wait to get out of the place.
To sum the place up, nice little restaurant, the food that we saw other diners have looked lovely, but they were allowed to order off the menu, if we had also been able to order off the menu, I'm sure our meal would have been lovely too, unfortunately that was not to be, our night was ruined by horrible food and young inexperienced waiting staff.

• Visited December 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

We stopped here for dinner before going to the cinema. It's a lovely restaurant and very comfortable. Menu is amazing!! I had chicken and chorizo in brioche for starter my husband had halloomi and Med veg salad for starter both were extremely yummy and very fresh. I then had a burger wiv cheese and bacon served wiv chips Babyleaf and coleslaw which was a great helping and gorgeous! My husband had butternut squash tagustele which he enjoyed. Being picky the only things we picked up were that the front door doesn't fully close so was a little cold. Also my husband felt to the pasta was slightly under cooked but every taste is different and he still v much enjoyed it. Also again being v v picky would have been nice for the candles to be lit on the tables. We had a great time and throughly enjoyed our meals!!!!

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Little gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

I visited here as I was after a steak for dinner on my travels around Devon and Cornwall. I found this place on the internet and was immediately impressed the moment I walked through the door at the welcome I received, a warm, genuine smile greeted me and I was seated straitaway. From that moment on I was treated like a king and I felt so relaxed I stayed for most of the evening chatting with the owner and waitresses. The steak I had was cooked exactly to my liking, melt in the mouth meat!

Being in the hospitality industry myself I am often over critical and picky when I eat out in other establishments, but this place surpassed all my expectations. Clean glassware, cold wine (a must!), clean polished cutlery, a clean menu and table to eat at.

Thank you for looking after me so superbly and I will definitely be recommending you to friends and family if they are in the area in the future.

Many thanks
Alan

Paignton, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We were greeted and made to feel very welcome. Staff polite and attentive. Chef came out to greet us. Range of food on menu excellent (although the night we attended they ran our of rump steak, but not to worry as my second choice was excellent). I had slow cooked belly pork accompanied by mashed potatoe with mustard sauce. It was very tasty, well cooked and very filling. It was not very busy therefore lacked atmosphere, but as I have said the staff were very attentive and one member of staff played the guitar which was very relaxing. I hope the locals will support this restaurant as we need a restaurant with a little difference and the personal touch in the Bay.

Visited October 2014
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Stopped off here for lunch after having to pick something up in Paignton, checked TA for cafes in the area and this came up a couple of mins from where we were. Two had the ham egg and chips I plumped for the burger with pulled pork and my daughter had the ploughmans from the children's menu. All very tasty with friendly helpful staff. As the title says - a very pleasant surprise.

• Visited October 2014