“Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Coffee Shop, European, Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: All day Steak & Grill with daily specials, selection of local seafood, lunchtime lite bites, vegetarian options and cream tea's open 7 days per week.Carvery on a Sunday using local sourced meat. Our aim is to provide high quality food using locally sourced produce where practicable. We have put a lot of effort into the selection of our coffee beans to produce a coffee to rival the best in the business. Our supplier has produced a blend that is unique to us in order to give us the taste we are striving for. We also have a wide variety of loose leaf teas.We offer a good selection of cakes and scones, most of which are home made.We are fully licensed and offer a range of locally produced beers and cider as well as some global brands. We also have a good selection of wines. The restaurant has been recently refurbished to provide a pleasant dining environment and boasts a large outdoor terrace seating area overlooking the garden, which is part covered so it can be used when the weather is not at its best.
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband found this place on the internet before we went to Paignton, I had a cream tea with fizz and it was lovely, infact we went 3 out of 5 days we was there. Couldn't fault the service and would return, I would defo recommend a visit!!!!

“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

i liked how the staff was so friendly unlike mo.s grill he has a new girl liz who just hasent got what it takes if he had decent staff we would go there again

Visited May 2014
Torquay UK
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to eat on the way to the cinema on a rare evening out.

We ordered burger and fillet steak. Both were good quality, well cooked and well presented. A really enjoyable meal with good service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brixham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Well done Palm Tree for making such a good first impression. Great food and very good service. My fillet steak was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. The quality of the meat was exceptional, I would say it was one of the best cuts of beef I have had. I was even impressed with the potatoes the steak was served with. They comprised slices of potato cooked so they were soft and golden in colour, which I accept is not in itself impressive, but the way they were seasoned and placed onto some sort of sauce or dressing which infused the potato made them taste great. The other sides with the dish were well presented and cooked. I had a blue cheese and bacon sauce which I also really enjoyed. I cannot speak highly enough of my meal. My wife had the mini fillets of lemon sole off the specials boards. This was served in a white wine sauce and came with crushed new potatoes. She also very much enjoyed her meal.

Just after we were seated two separate groups came in to the restaurant (approx. 18 people by my count). I was not therefore expecting a great service. The staff proved me wrong. Myself and my wife were served promptly and I did not notice any issues with the speed of service on the two large tables, which was quite impressive for the two waiting staff, who even had the time to talk to myself and my wife when I asked questions about the restaurant (which I did not know existed until two days earlier).

What a great find this place was. I will be back regularly and will happily recommend it to others.

“Amazing food :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We went to The Palm Tree and were a table of 12. The food was simply amazing, everyone enjoyed what they had to eat. I had the Sliders with chips and salad and it was delicious. The presentation of the food was also excellent. The staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble, very professional and everything was well done. We loved it here and really can't wait to come back.