“Lovely restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 132 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Noi's Thaiisaan is located opposite 'The Talk of The Town' on Torbay Road, approaching the cinema. We are open daily through the summer for lunches, evening meals and takeaways and provide a local delivery service along with coffee and snacks. On Sundays we offer a 3 course Thai buffet. Dishes are authentic Thai but our lunchtime menu also caters for the less adventurous. There is some outdoor seating at the front and dishes are prepared for vegetarians or vegans or other dietary requirements as required. We are fully licensed.
Paignton, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a few times, very nice, friendly staff & good service.
The last 3 times, I've ordered takeaway, this last time I was disappointed, the food was not its usual quality, there were huge lumps of ginger, stalk included, which is not so pleasant in the mouth, and having ordered my favourite duck pancakes, was very disappointed to find they had failed to include the hoi sin sauce, which for me is the best bit. I'm assuming chef may have been having a bad day, but am reluctant to order again just yet. :(

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mike L, Owner at Noi's Thaiisaan, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We are glad you like our restaurant but sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of our takeaways. As I recall that night we were trying out a new chef (whom we did not employ) and unfortunately standards were not our usual.
We hope you will try us again soon!

“Great value, really tasty, cosy place and passionate staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I keep coming back to this restaurant. The prices are so low for everything! Nice view out the window. Open kitchen so you can see your food being cooked. The staff really put in an effort and make you feel welcomed.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great Food & Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

When we visited the Thaiisaan Restaurant, We had booked at a later time and turned up earlier than we should have, this was no problem and were given a very warm and welcoming reception.
The restaurant is upstairs, it is very cosy, the menu is extensive and you are spoilt for choice.
The food was excellent, spicy with the fragrant flavours you expect from Thai dishes.
We will definitely be visiting again!
Well done to Thaiisaan, keep up the good work!

• Visited February 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very deceptive frontage, but the food and service is excellent. The owners are very friendly and welcoming. Family run restaurant. My wife and I enjoy Thai food but this was something very exotic. Real delicate taste and some new dishes we have tasted.

• Visited September 2012
Basildon
“Good Venue for a Family Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had booked a table for Friday evening for 7pm as we were meeting my son & his wife for a meal. Unfortunately one of their children was non-cooperative and my son just made it in time but his wife would be late. Explained this to the staff at the restaurant and no problems. We were given a choice of table and ordered a few drinks and enjoyed the complementary (excellent taste & non-greasy) prawn crackers.
When my son's wife arrived (45 minutes late) we were given yet another basket of prawn crackers to munch as we decided on our choice of courses.
Food is prepared in an open kitchen and the quality was excellent and the portion sizes large. I thought my side dish of noodles large enough to be a main!
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, very well spiced and service was excellent but unobtrusive with no pressure to hurry despite our late start.
My son is now converted to Thai food and when we next visit our family in Devon we will return!

Visited September 2012