“A Warm welcome & top quality service.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 97 Paignton B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
South Midlands
“A Warm welcome & top quality service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

After a lengthy, tiring but enjoyable journey I really hoped and needed to quickly check in and chill out in my pre booked room...I was greeted by proprietor Hazel who immediately made me welcome and provided me with all the important guesthouse details including where to park and more importantly; breakfast choice /timetable!
My lovely & clean, well fitted room (No 1) overlooks a tranquil park area /cricket pitch. Leading from the foyer there is a convenient veranda leading to a comfortable conservatory where folks can relax and look over the cricket ground towards the steam railway.
I ventured out into the guesthouse foyer to be met by Hazel`s partner Mick, he patiently & kindly helped me sort out with a few time sensitive & important items.
The location of the guesthouse is straightforward to find. It ensures a quiet stay and after my comfortable nights sleep I anticipated a hearty breakfast.
Mick and Hazel have their busy breakfast /dining room service very well organised and upon taking my seat Hazel then confirmed my pre ordered `full English` was on its way!
No sooner had I finished my fruit juice and cereals then it was Mick who appeared with coffee & my `full English` ......a perfect start to a long day.
After my two nights stay I was surprised how `sad` I felt checking out and leaving the Ashleigh.......wish I was staying for at least a week!...trouble is I would have put on a Stone!

Room Tip: ......no `heads-up` they`re all equally high standard & quiet .......if you do fancy overlooking...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My Dad and I decided to have a weekend break and picked Ashleigh Guesthouse after looking on the web. We wasn't disapointed. We had a lovely welcome from Mick and Hazel and they made us feel welcomed from the moment we arrived. The room was spotless, with a lovely view over the cricket ground to the steam railway. The breakfast was superb and set us up for the rest of the day. It really was a splendid stay and I would recommend this guesthouse. I can't wait until my next visit which will be very soon.

Room Tip: Please ignore the swimming pool rating. Clicked in error. No swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wednesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

A lovely warm welcome by Mick and Hazel ensuring we were parked safely, coffee, biscuits and help with our bags. The rooms were inviting, clean and comfortable. We were greeted with a marvellous breakfast which even my fussy children raved about, in a bright and inviting dining room. Our favourites were the turkey sausages, salmon and scrambled egg, warmed croissants and the home made marmalade! Wouldn't visit Paignton without checking availability!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Somerset, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Everything about our stay here was good, Mick and Hazel were great hosts, lovely rooms, good choices for breakfast and nothing was too much trouble, perfectly cooked poached eggs ! perfectly situated, clean and very comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Ashleigh the last 3 days in Sept. Mick and Hazel were the perfect hosts. We were met with a welcoming cuppa on arrival before being shown to our room, which was the king size room. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the bed was really comfortable. I thought that the little extra touches in the room, like the carafe of water next to the tea tray, and the 'necessities' box inside the wardrobe, (which incidentally, had more than enough coat hangers provided) were a lovely idea. On going down to breakfast we could choose from cereals, fruit and juices, followed by pretty much whatever combination of cooked breakfast you wanted, with stacks of toast and tea\coffee. Mick and Hazel were very knowledgeable about places of interest and info on how to get there. All in all a fantastic stay. Thanks guys

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
stroud
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We read the reviews and The Ashleigh is exactly as everyone states.After three great nights there we would not stay anywhere else in Paighton. Brilliant. Do not just take my word for it, try and you will not be disappointed. We look forward to staying there again. Lorenzo and Tina.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Mick and Hazel, were the best hosts, kind, warm, friendly and welcoming. nothing was too much trouble and we were treated like royalty. The room was spotless, homely and peaceful with a great view of the rugby and cricket grounds. Excellent location peaceful and quiet. The breakfasts were to die for, with a wide range and variety to choose from. I recommend this lovely home away from home to anyone.

Thanks Mick and Hazel

Room Tip: very central great location
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ashleigh Guesthouse? Share your experiences!