“ONCE AGAIN IT DID NOT LET US DOWN” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Paignton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Nepali
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Winner 2012 and 2013 trip advisor customer excellence award and winner 2012 and 2013 just-eat tried and tasted award.Family owned business since 2006. Started as a Take-away but with huge demand of the locals we opened our door as a Fully Licensed restaurant on september 12th 2008.
Paignton, United Kingdom
“ONCE AGAIN IT DID NOT LET US DOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Great food as always, we have never been let down by this great little place.
A little gem

• 5 of 5 stars Food
himaltandoori, Manager at Himal Tandoori, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you very much for the review. Pleased to know that food and service has not gone down the hill and happy that we are up to the standard as per your expectation. Thanks again.

“Takeaway is superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Beautiful food, great service. Ordered through justeat. Best Indian food in Torbay, would recommend to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the review and thank you for thinking that we are the best in torbay that means a lot to us.hope to serve you in future as well. Thanks again.
Torquay, United Kingdom
“I know I'll become a regular - I'm regarded as highly critical, but at Himal I was highly delighted ..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Friends who share my tastes recommended Himal to me, but in 2011 I never got around to it , as my dining companions preferred similar venues closer to home, and we have regular favourites. However, two of us went last night, and came away well pleased. it made a welcome change to find Nepalese food on the menu, as well as some Indian dishes we hadn't tried elsewhere. The service was friendly, chef himself discussed the recipe for the delightful home-made mango chutney with me, the food was really tasty, the premises spotless, and although the space is small, there was a lively buzz of people enjoying their evening -a happy ambience. Wine was not overpriced, and our final bill was very reasonable. I'll be back to dine, probably with the occasional takeaway in between !

• 4 of 5 stars Food
himaltandoori, Manager at Himal Tandoori, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and I love it when food critic like you do the review for the restaurant. i remember having a brief chat about the receipe of the food and but really did not expect the review right after your first visit. Thank you very much and hope to see you again and hope you try more of our nepalese menu.
Paignton, United Kingdom
“I'd never go to another Indian again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My restaurant experience from himal tandoori was wonderful, i went there for a birthday meal with my partner family and friends. The service was lovely and we werent kept around waiting unlike other resturants. The staff are all very kind and provide a nice atmosphere. I found that the food was absoultlely divine and couldn't fault it. Infact i now reguarly order from there fast and reliable delievery service that they also do. Thank you Himal Tandoori and look forward to dining again!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for the review. For us we think we treat each and every customer with the equal respect and equal quality of service and we stand for that.There is no such a customer that special for us and others are not and for that every reqular customer loves us because what we say is what we do.I am very happy that we were able to make your visit to our restaurant a special night and hope to see you again and again. Thanks again.
Paignton, United Kingdom
“This restaurant is continually fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have had 5 takeaways in the last year, each has been delivered with immaculate courtesy and on time. The flavours and quality of the food is fantastic. The preparation and attention to detail is amazing. I love this place. Go, you must.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review and hope to change that five take-away to fifty this year. Thanks again for using us and supporting your local restaurant.