“Fantastic Hotel. Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Queens Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paignton
Queens Hotel
You added Queens Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Queens Road, Paignton TQ4 6AT, England   |
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Paignton
“Fantastic Hotel. Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just came back from a weekend stay at The Queens Hotel.Took my Wife away for our Wedding Anniversary and I must say that the quality of service was excellent from the time we entered reception on Friday to the time we left this morning.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and our room was lovely and comfortable and the offer of complimentary coffee upon arrival was gratefully accepted by us as was the cream tea on Sunday. The food quality was second to none and piping hot (Even when the waiter dropped the food on the table on Friday evening.He really needs to improve on his juggling!!).. The choice of food was also to be commended...
The position of the hotel couldn't be better and not having to use the car for the weekend was lovely.

We will be using the hotel again and as I state in the title, It is well worth a visit....
Thanks to all staff involved

Greg & Rachael Johnson
Newport, Gwent

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Good afternoon Mr and Mrs Johnson. Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments, and for choosing to mark your special occasion with us here at The Queens Hotel.
I am glad that you received such quality of service throughout the course of your break, the staff really do pride themselves on maintaining such high levels of customer service.
I am also pleased that you also found the room to be very comfortable and that you enjoyed the complimentary coffee and cream tea during your stay. We like to offer this service to our guests as we feel that after a long journey, a hot beverage is well deserved.
Your comments about our extensive menu are very much appreciated and I am pleased that you consider the quality of our food to be so high.
Thank you once again for sharing this occasion with us, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again before too long.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Booked and went on a Trip, with Eagre our local travel company. Queens Hotel was worth going to. Bedroom, pleasant its not the ritz, but it was warm, very comfortable, and great Big TV, superb. It was very clean and we had a decent bathroom, with a shower.

The Restaurant was superb, great food, and fantastic staff, always smiling, and helpful. Reception staff the same, nothing too much trouble, and nice atmosphere. The Entertainment was also very good, all in all a great 5 day holiday. 23/4 to 27/4. Foodies paradise.

Only snag it was along journey going down, even with breaks,. Good trip out to Plymouth in pouring rain.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor not much of a view but we did not hear the seagulls, and we slept well...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
LeeDCullen, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you found the hotel to be very warm and comfortable, and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The rooms are all furnished to a high standard and the large TV and nice bathroom of which you speak, and also the cleanliness of the room, is all testament to this.
I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant and that the quality of the food was of a high standard.
Your comments regarding the high levels of customer service that you received, and the nice ambiance of the hotel, are particularly well received as we do take pride in making the guests feel welcome and well looked after.
Once again I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your views, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens Hotel before too long.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just returned from a three-night stay at The Queens Hotel, Paignton as part of a coach holiday. The hotel is absolutely spotless and the food is to die for!! Every member of staff was welcoming and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. Our waiter was Nick and he was just fantastic! The only downside for us was that the bedroom was a tad tiny - we had to take turns to move around the room - but other than that, everything else was fine. It was our first stay there but, hopefully, will not be our last. Thanks to you all.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room and was allocated one on the side, by the entrance of the car park. Our r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your views. I am glad that you found the hotel so welcoming and friendly, and that you enjoyed your stay.
Your comments about the food are greatly appreciated and I will pass on your thanks to the Chefs who do work so hard to keep the menu as good as it can possibly be.
I have also passed on your praise to Nick who is also very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that you felt his service was of a high standard.
Our rooms are all shapes and sizes, if you mention to the reception staff that you require a larger room for you next visit when booking, we will do our best to accommodate any requests you may have.
I am glad to hear that this will not be your last stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.
Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We have been to Paignton many, many times but this was the first visit here. The hotel was spotlessly clean with excellent friendly staff (nothing was too much trouble). The food was wonderful with plenty of choice. We are certainly looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoiyed the hotel so much after many visits to Paignton, and that you will be staying with us again.
I am glad you felt so well looked after and that you enjoyed our menu. I look forward to seeing you again before too long.
bedrock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel, definitely will not be the last. Hotel was spotlessly clean, with friendly, helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Excellent food with a wide variety of choice at all meal times.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon. Thank you for your comments. I am thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Queens Hotel, and that you enjoyed the service of our friendly staff.
I am also glad that you enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant. I will pass on your comments to the Chefs who will be delighted with your comments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens Hotel before too long.
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Having been part of a wedding party of over 30 people staying at this hotel, I just want to pass on (not only ours, but the rest of the party) our very best thanks to Lee and his staff, especially Mark, Damien (aka Matthew) Josie and Gemma for a most welcoming stay and Lee your staff are a credit you. The hotel food was better than some 5 star hotels we have stayed at. The location is excellent, for young and old. i could go on but I wont, Thanks againg guys oh and sorry about the mess in the bride and grooms room

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. Everyone here at The Queens Hotel, very much enjoyed looking after your party, and I’m glad that you all had such a good time. I am really pleased that the weather held out for the big day and that everything went to plan for you.
I have passed on your kind words to the staff members that you mentioned and they were overjoyed with your praise. They certainly are all a credit to the hotel.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant menu, and your comparison to being better than some five star hotel restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and I really hope to seen you all again in the future.
Penzance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Just returned from a friday to monday stay hotel was spotless,food was amazing for the price we paid . This must be one of the best hotels for the price in Paignton. The staff were so friendly . We will most definetly stay at this hotel again when we are in Paignton. 10 / 10

Room Tip: Can only comment on the room we stayed in. Bed was so comfortable and the en-suite was spacious.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Queens Hotel? Share your experiences!