“Disappointing SIGNS EVERYHERE! :/” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 213 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Disappointing SIGNS EVERYHERE! :/”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

To be honest what is with all the signs all the signs every six foot around the dining room floor, you can't escape them, there awful and make the place look and feel like a "greasy spoon or market butcher with hand written signs on luminous orange cards"
I know you have a early bird special, and whatever else your advertising, I'm in the place already.
Food was average at best, slightly over cooked,

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We visited here for a family celebration and were very disappointed. We were crammed into the dining area with very little room between each other. The food was a big let down and the 'sirloin' steak was anything but, it was like frying steak - tasteless and tough. Will not be returning and would not recommend.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
wigan
“Monday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Good food and great value for money £40 for 2 for three course including bottle of wine and fizzy water.Very good atmosphere and attentive friendly staff.Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Valentines Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I went here with the other half for Valentines and had a really great time. We were shown to the bar upon arrival whilst a table was being prepared for us, though we did ring up a few days before and reserved a table but we were a little early. My coat was taken and hung up out the way which I liked and not many places do this and you end up with dirt on the bottom of your coat from it hanging on the chair.

The food was great, I had abut of a poorly stomache the next day but im tummy is very sensitive to different food types. For starters I had stuffed mushrooms and my partner had a pepper dish but cant quite remember, then for mains I had pizza and a side of garlic bread and my boyfriend had a lobster salad. It was very well presentated and tasted delish!

The only downside is that I was by a radiator and it got quite hot after a while but besides that I will defo be returning!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Magnifico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would highly recommend a trip to Franco's for a good night out. Usually met at the door by Franco himself who extends a warm welcome to all. After a short wait at the bar (and usually a quick chat with Franco) we're led to our table. All the staff are very friendly and polite.
The food is delicious and reasonably priced too. They have early evening offers on until 7pm most nights and we've never been disapointed yet.

• Visited March 2013