“Great food, great service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 212 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
“Great food, great service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing! I have never tasted steak as good. As for the portion sizes some reviews say that they was small portions.. Well ares wern't! The steak filled the plate so we didnt have any room to put other things on. As for dessert oh my.. The dessert was sooooo good! All food was really well presented and the service was great! Would highly recommend miller and carter and we will deffo be going back!

Dont understand how this restuarant can be given such low reviews! Small portions pfftt what nonsense!

One word- FABULOUS!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Amazing steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Really enjoyed our visit, everyone in our group of 7 agreed it was one of the best steaks ww could remember . A few have already been back. Great atmosphere , cocktails , log fires and to top it service .

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't order the Eton Mess.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visited The Wiggin Tree on Parbold Hill for my birthday meal.We omitted starters and,after the main course,which was passable ,I ordered the Eton Mess dessert as it was my special birthday treat,on Sunday 20th January.All I got was a bowlful of cream,containing one tiny sliver of meringue and a few berries.After digging around in it,searching unsuccessfully for meringue,I left it and when the waitress asked had I finished I told her my opinion.I was still charged full price for the Mess.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible food terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday night we ordered chateaubriand and asked for it rare ( as recommended by the chef) unfortunately the chef didn't know how to cook it rare, it was more raw and freezing cold! Waitress told us that's how it was meant to be cooked, which is not true! After a discussion of her telling us it was meant to be cold we asked for fillet instead, if what she's saying is true (which it werent) oh and the 'steak house' had ran out of fillet so we had to have our original steak cooked a little longer. Food came out fine even though we were then brought the wrong sauces to go with our steak! After finishing our meal we overheard a table order 4/5 fillet steaks which the same waitress took the order, we pulled her up about it but there wasn't much she could say, we would of appreciated her not lying to us. We were expected to pay full price and no apology came, bad food and bad service!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Flatters to deceive ......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I hadn't been to the Wiggin Tree for years and so was totally impressed at its most recent reincarnation as Miller and Carter. The overall impression internally is of a big city swish restaurant. It's really very tastefully decorated and furnished in a modern style that wouldn't be out of place in a big Californian city such as San Diego or San Francisco. The atmosphere is chilled and very acceptable indeed. But oh, if only you could eat all of that because that's where the good news ends. The menu is pretty small and basic.....I thought oh well since there's not a lot on the menu then what there is will be done well.......not so. I ordered a porterhouse steak..the menu recommends it being served medium rare and so I went with the menu. What I got was a blue steak and after having been returned to the kitchen for a 2nd go and still being asked to eat a blue steak I gave up on it. Our waiter handled the issue well and we weren't charged but nonetheless a steakhouse that can't cook steak???
Polly had chicken which was ok.....just ok.

I'd put the food here in a par with what you receive at a premier inn or a little chef. The place has a lovely feel to it but if you enjoy your food don't go with too high expectations

• Visited January 2013