“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 237 Restaurants in Wigan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fantastic cuisine in a historic part of town. Pure vegetarian & vegan with a wide choice for coeliacs too. Everything is cooked from scratch in The Coven kitchen - we all all the ingredients in our food so we can guarantee the quality. We also cater for special diets and needs and have special ingredients on hand to help. Massive drinks menu with 25 fine loose teas, organic coffees and normal & vegan milkshakes & smoothies.
Wigan
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

After friends had spoken very highly of this local restaurant my hubby and I decided to pay a visit. I rang to reserve a table for lunch, appreciating that it is very small seating-wise. I rang twice as they hadn't taken my name and was told I was the only one so a name didn't matter??? When we arrived there was no reservation, but a lovely lady shared her table. We mentioned we had booked but didn't get a response. The starters were fine (soups) but my mushroom burger was awful. Very rubbery, small, thin, hard to cut and resembled something a cobbler would attach to your shoe! . The larger salad I had opted for was not really much different from my husband's portion. One customer had his meal delivered to the wrong table and had to wait for another omelette whilst his partner ate hers. We eat lunch for less at a local Tapas and that includes wine and bespoke meals for us both! We will try an evening and review accordingly. I wait to be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

wigan
“Bespoke vegetarian food that will please any meat eater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times now, first time was a visit with my vegetarian sister. The mushroom burgers are better than 90% of any meat versions I have had, Welsh rarebit was really nice and home made chips. Massive choice of teas and coffees and everything is made fresh. This come at a slightly higher cost than a standard chain but is well worth the experience.

• Visited July 2012
North West England
“Lovely gem in Wigan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited with a friend for early tea. We had mixed mezze for starters. I had falafel in bagel and finished off with choc goo cake and ice cream. Delicious and very reasonable prices. Lovely chatting to the owner who pulls out the stops for customer satisfaction. Will recommend to all veggies and those on special diets.

Prudhoe,Northumberland
“How to impress a carnivore.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A friend took us here for lunch last thursday (march 15th) and despite his praise for the place my own previous experience of "veggie" places hadn't been great.I needn't have worried as the Mediterranean Lasagne that I chose was really tasty, as was the muffin with soya custard which followed. Sue was friendly and helpful when explaining some of the dishes to this unreconstituted carnivore!
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and hope to return.Highly recommended!

Chorley, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wenet there as a family and had a really special evening. Warm welcome, lovely atmosphere - friendly but not intrusive and great food. Sometime vegetarian food can be a bit stodgy but this wasn't. It was really tasty and interesting, particularly loved the raw courgette crackers which I've never sen before.