“Lovely gem in Wigan” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 212 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy, Organic
Description: Fantastic cuisine in a historic part of town. Pure vegetarian & vegan with a wide choice for coeliacs too. Everything is cooked from scratch in The Coven kitchen - we all all the ingredients in our food so we can guarantee the quality. We also cater for special diets and needs and have special ingredients on hand to help. Massive drinks menu with 25 fine loose teas, organic coffees and normal & vegan milkshakes & smoothies.
North West England
“Lovely gem in Wigan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited with a friend for early tea. We had mixed mezze for starters. I had falafel in bagel and finished off with choc goo cake and ice cream. Delicious and very reasonable prices. Lovely chatting to the owner who pulls out the stops for customer satisfaction. Will recommend to all veggies and those on special diets.

Prudhoe,Northumberland
“How to impress a carnivore.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A friend took us here for lunch last thursday (march 15th) and despite his praise for the place my own previous experience of "veggie" places hadn't been great.I needn't have worried as the Mediterranean Lasagne that I chose was really tasty, as was the muffin with soya custard which followed. Sue was friendly and helpful when explaining some of the dishes to this unreconstituted carnivore!
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and hope to return.Highly recommended!

Chorley, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wenet there as a family and had a really special evening. Warm welcome, lovely atmosphere - friendly but not intrusive and great food. Sometime vegetarian food can be a bit stodgy but this wasn't. It was really tasty and interesting, particularly loved the raw courgette crackers which I've never sen before.

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

As a meat eater I approached my recent visit to the raw/vegan evening with some trepidation. I needn't have worried - we had a brilliant evening of flavours and textures. Sue is a marvellous chef/host and the ambience is very friendly and warm. I will definitely be returning and would recommend highly to both vegetarians and carnivores!

London
“Raw II Wigan Restaurant Festival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have just arrived in Wigan and discovered this place! I am blessed to unveil the beauty of raw/vegan food through a series of decadent tasting menu dishes at the Wigan Food festival! The owners are so friendly and passionate about food. The same goes to other customers/diners too! What an experience. I will be a regular here for sure!