“Fantastic food, service and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 237 Restaurants in Wigan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fantastic cuisine in a historic part of town. Pure vegetarian & vegan with a wide choice for coeliacs too. Everything is cooked from scratch in The Coven kitchen - we all all the ingredients in our food so we can guarantee the quality. We also cater for special diets and needs and have special ingredients on hand to help. Massive drinks menu with 25 fine loose teas, organic coffees and normal & vegan milkshakes & smoothies.
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

As a meat eater I approached my recent visit to the raw/vegan evening with some trepidation. I needn't have worried - we had a brilliant evening of flavours and textures. Sue is a marvellous chef/host and the ambience is very friendly and warm. I will definitely be returning and would recommend highly to both vegetarians and carnivores!

London
“Raw II Wigan Restaurant Festival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have just arrived in Wigan and discovered this place! I am blessed to unveil the beauty of raw/vegan food through a series of decadent tasting menu dishes at the Wigan Food festival! The owners are so friendly and passionate about food. The same goes to other customers/diners too! What an experience. I will be a regular here for sure!

• Visited March 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Raw Food Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Excellent food, I have never eaten raw food before, not like this anyway. Wonderful flavours and textures. Very friendly place. I will certainly be visiting the Coven on a regular basis.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been in the Coven quite a few times and everything is superb. Its the most friendliest place you could imagine with great food.The new owners are lovely and i could not recommend it more.

• Visited January 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Love The Coven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My friend and I travelled from Liverpool on a cold winter day to The Coven. We had olives with sun dried tomatoes, red onion houmous, tomato bruschetta and chesnut pate with pitta bread to start. For our mains, my friend had falafel burger and I chose the mushroom burger with caramelised onions. Then I greedily had the vegan goo goo chocolate cake. The food was amazing, really great flavours and so enjoyable. This was matched by the lovely hostess and new owner, Sue. She was so genuine, welcoming and friendly and created a really lovely atmosphere. We will definitely make the trip from Liverpool again to this little gem of a restaurant. Sue - you deserve every success with The Coven, look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Visited January 2013