“Excellent as usual.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Brasserie
“Excellent as usual.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have eaten here many times. Called in last night without a booking, they were full, but managed to fit us in for a quick dinner. We shared the onion bread as a starter 'nice change from garlic bread', my wife enjoyed a steak, perfectly cooked, while i had the duck off the specials list, confit leg and pink cooked breast with orange mash, fantastic. We will soon be back.

• Visited October 2012

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Great value, Great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My colleagues and I enjoyed a fantastic meal last night. The service was excellent and I was surprised by the choice, quality and presentation of the food. I had the Gravadlax to start followed by Chicken Alexander. For dessert I had the Chocolate Brownie. This was served cold, but was homemade with a lovely squidgy centre. I also tried Emily's Mess which was very light and it is going to be a hard choice when I go back what pudding to choose. The staff were attentive and made us feel very welcome. As it was mid week, we were able to take advantage of their midweek menu. Full details are available on their website www.stablesbrasserie.co.uk

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Couldn't fault the food nor the service by the lovely waitress, however the manager was rude & caused a scene!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Dined here today for lunch with my mother, we have just had a bereavement in the family. So we thought we would get out of the house & have some lunch. We have dined here before so we knew the food was delicious and the staff have always been very friendly (Nothing is too much trouble). I had the croque monseiur and my mother had the steak baguette, lovely food can not fault it. Again the waitress was lovely and rushed off her feet. Now what made our dining experience poor and somewhat ruined, was the manager. His attitude to the customers was just terrible. He shouted at two elderly women and when a man came over to the counter to pay, the manager had a go at him too. The manager was picking on the waitress he faulted her for everything she was doing right. We actually saw him grab her arm. We think is unacceptable behaviour and therefore due to this will not be visiting it again. We was thinking of arranging a family Christmas meal there but this will not be happening. In all our years of dining out we have never experienced anything like this.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A tucked away Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This restaurant really is a little gem tucked away in the heart of wigan town centre. The staff were really friendly and attentive, especially Jean the owner, we were even introduced to the chef who I must add made the most delicious and beautifully presented food, my husband and I have dined at quite a few restaurants in the area and this ranks as one of the best, the whole dining atmosphere was superb. We look forward to our next visit and will definately be spreading the word on this place.

• Visited September 2012
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Best Birthday Meal EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife took me to the Stables Brasseire for my birthday and what a great choice it turned out to be. The service was quite exceptional and the meal well what can you say it was fantastic. I had the duck and I must say right from the off that I have tasted duck in many top establishments but this was something special, it fell off the bone and the taste was superb, the vegetables were also superbly done, my wife decided to try the salmon and she commented straght away how good it was. The atmosphere was very good and relaxed and you got the impression that nothing was too much trouble and that the staff actually enjoyed their work, which is something strange in this day and age. A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone at the Stables for making my birthday that little bit more special this year.

• Visited August 2012