“Birthday Bash” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Newly refurbished coaching inn fantastic british Gastro/Pub
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Birthday Bash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband booked on a number of recommendations from friends for my birthday, what a lovely meal we had, he servic was friendly atmosphere was good and the restaurant was busy.Apparently to our surprise it was steak night!!!! Excellent we thought so we managed to get 2 starters and 2 sirloin steaks and a bottle of Sauvignon blanc all for £35, the food was delicious steaks cooked to perfection, no room for desserts so at this price my husband treated me to a lovely bottle of champagne . Every Thursday is steak night we have already booked a return visit!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Durham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Went to the castle Eden inn with friends on the 1st November, Halloween disco was fab.....food was Devine, I had the confit blade of beef with mash and stem broccoli with apple crumble for dessert could not fault it!!! One if my friends had the famous fish and chips...more like whale!!! And another friend had the burger and by god it was huge!!! I have noticed that some complain about prices, if u want good quality food that's the price you pay, if that's not what you want then MC ds is only down the road. It's a very homely pub/restaurant with excellent staff/managers who are always happy to help..will be back in on Friday with friends :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Co.Durham, England
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've eaten here many times, 80% of the time the food is fabulously presented and very tasty. We have had the other 20% when we've had to send our food back to the kitchen for varying reasons. The food is expensive, e.g £12 for a burger and fries. The service from the staff is second to none for the most part, although the female manager can be quite rude and abrupt. The outside seating area is lovely during the summer, even if it is beside the road.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Real Ale and Pork Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We popped in for some lunch and were told it was real ale week, that did me i had a pint of red dust from consett, good gear it was and the bonus was i could add a Pork Pie all for £3.95, Pork Pie was very tasty and went down well as a starter, for mains i had the steak Pie which came which chips extra gravy and mushy peas, a good test of eating after the Pork Pie starter!!!! The wife opted for the Kiev , beautifully cooked which came which fries and and salad, not sure where some of these reviews come from but this was fırst class, staff friendly too!

Durham, United Kingdom
“Girlie Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Myself and my girlfriends met up for a catch up, we decided to meet at the castle Eden inn as it was halfway distance, our first impressions were good,the decor was good with some quirky wallpaper in the ladies toilet, we ordered a bottle of wine Pinot Grigio and asked to see the menu, we were presented with 3 what a choice I thought, I went for the monthly special and asked if I could have soup as a starter as it wasn't on the menu, the staff were very accommodating , so I had the soup very tasty followed by what must have been homemade pasta with garlic butter !!! Wow! My girlfriends had the mussels and steak pie all the meals were delicious and served on piping hot plates, we had such a nice evening a few more bottles of wine were ordered!!!!