“Cannot fault this hotel - at all - ! Returning guest” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   124 Pilton Bridge, Barnstaple EX31 1PG, England   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Barnstaple B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Cannot fault this hotel - at all - ! Returning guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review for this hotel for some time! I have stayed here at least four times for business and it is becoming a bit of a home away from home. I couldn't fault anything about my stay at this hotel at all. The owners, Paul and Sarah, are so welcoming and friendly.

I would definitely advise to pre book for an evening meal as the menu is absolutely fantastic and the cooking is excellent. The rooms are very comfortable, I have stayed in the basic single room (with no toilet in the room but only a short walk down the stairs), single room with ensuite and once, I was kindly upgraded to a very spacious double room with ensuite. The beds and bedding are lovely and warm, the internet connection has always been great and rooms are spotless.

Another highlight of a stay at the Yeo Dale is definitely the breakfast, the choice is extensive and the food is delicious.

Really, I would recommend this hotel to all. The top highlight for me though is definitely the owners, they are very caring, friendly, helpful and will do everything to make sure your stay is one to remember.

Thanks Sarah and Paul!

Melody

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our first stay at Yeo Dale. The greeting was very friendly and helpful information was given re places to eat in Barnstaple. it is a lovely clean place with character. My 4 areas of criteria for a great stay were met and exceeded: Our bed was very comfortable and a good size (which is always a plus); The shower was powerful and always hot; the room and ensuite was very clean and the breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented, befitting of a 5 star hotel in my opinion. the bedroom furniture was slightly dated and we had accidently booked an attic room which was very small and up 50 stairs. The stairs were not a problem for us but may be for some. The owner did try to email me to inform and offer an alternative room but I deleted it by mistake so it was totally our problem! All others were booked up when we arrived unfortunately but I did get a small view of another room, through a crack in the door on the way down and up stairs while cleaning was going on, and they looked lovely and a good size. There was a bit of traffic noise on the Saturday night, but think we only heard it because we are not used to it at home. Love Barnstaple and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Avoid attic rooms if you want a good size room and want to avoid a big climb. Rooms at the back may...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip to Yeo Dale and I received the same warm welcome. The quality of the room and breakfast was top notch! Only small downside is that my street facing room was a little noisey due to no double glazing. Luckily there was not too much traffic late at night. The breakfast is especially good - locally sourced produce used. Delicious breakfast options! Definitely will return, again.

• Stayed September 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was A++. Very comfortable, clean spacious rooms. Local knowledge of places to eat was spot on, which really helps with a 3 year old in tow. I really couldn't fault anything about the stay. So nice to have people looking after you who genuinely care about how comfortable you are under their roof.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a great little hotel, my great niece and I wished we had been able to stay longer. Sarah and Paul and the rest of the staff were all very helpful. The room was spacious beautifully decorated clean and very inviting, we loved it. The breakfast was excellent with great service, nothing seemed to be to much trouble. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are really well finished and well kept. All the staff were friendly and helpful without exception. A fabulous breakfast, with the only improvement being the addition of a tasting menu to try all the other menu choices.

• Stayed August 2013
Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked this hotel for a family event. Paul the owner greeted us and welcomed us warmly to his beautiful house. We were traveling with 3 children in our family and with two other families with children. The Yeodale accommodates children so well. He genuinely offered the odd sandwich, drink or piece of fruit should the kids get hungry outside of breakfast in addition to DVD's. I felt comfortable. The room was beautiful, extremely clean and with lovely touches like bottled water, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits. The towels were fluffy and large. They provided a double bed, two single beds and a cot, all in our room. Breakfasts were lovely, a good choice to suits all tastes and the service was pleasant. They gave a small breakfast appetiser, the first day it was a smoothie shot and the second an orange pancake. Both delicious. Our room was on the first floor at the front and we were woken up at night by people who had been drinking shouting. The windows are not double glazed (as far as I could see) so ear plugs might be an idea for the lighter sleeper. The other thing is that in my opinion this is more akin to a bed and breakfast, albeit a lovely boutique B&B rather than a hotel as it does not have facilities such as a bar, etc. however Paul did allow us to pop some wine in his fridge which we drank in the room. This is a great plus for people travelling with small kids who can not go out. I loved my stay here as did the whole party and I would have no hesitation at staying again. It's 5-10 min walk to the town centre, there is a children's park 1min away and a petrol station for any provisions. The car park was small but as we travelled together we all fitted in. I have stayed at the Barnstaple hotel before and this is a much nicer, more personal experience.

Room Tip: For good views and a quieter night chose a back room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Yeo Dale Hotel? Share your experiences!