“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to francescas while stopping over for Valentines day, it has a very nice atmosphere and the staff are welcoming. The food comes in good sized portions and is very tasty. Best of all, the prices are low. We would definately reccomend it to anyone wanting a nice meal out.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Truly scrumptious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After the "scrumptious" evening in December with work colleagues, I just had to return with my daughter, and it was as good as the first visit. The staff were very welcoming and could not do enough for you, faultless. It was a Tuesday night and I was surprised at how busy it was. The food was excellent, very generous portions and well cooked, faultless. We had a lovely meal to celebrate my birthday.

• Visited February 2013
Birmingham - England
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very busy, a good sign! Good value for money and tasty food. Excellent waiting staff,nothing too much trouble

Lust as helpful when we also ordered take out

Visited February 2013
Millom, Cumbria
“Very nice and welcoming!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

After reading most of the comments on TA relating to this restaurant, I thought I would put my 2 and 4 pence worth in.

My wife and I have been coming to this place as far back when it was called Chevita's and owned by a different company, abeit from the North East too. In my opinion, the staff cannot bt faulted, efficient, courteous and above all, friendly! So the 'rude' comments proffered by some customers somewhat perplexes me!? I am of the belief that if you treat people the way 'you' would like to be treated, so won't go far wrong!

As for the food, well there can be a slight variation in the way certain dishes are cooked, as the cooking staff obviously changes from shift to shift. But all I can say is that I have not had a bad meal there in the 3 or so years I have been going. In fact, last Tuesday night, we went quite late, as we had been to the cinema first. We probably had the best meal that I can remember...the spag bol was perfect as was my wife's Pollo Sicilia too! I defy anyone to get a meal of this quality plus a garlic pizza and a quality bottle of house wine for circa £25 anywhere else in the area!

• Visited February 2013
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Quality food at affordable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I think it's a good sign when a restaurant is always busy. I've been there 3 times in the past 3 months and every time the food has been excellent.
The only problem was that we've had to wait even when we had booked, but just before Christmas we'd boked a table for 12 and had pre-ordered. As they were so late they kindly offered 3 bottles of wine as an apology which I thought was a nice touch as they didn't have to.
The food is great, typically italian and much better than other italian in Barrow!

• Visited December 2012