“Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Could tell that food was fresh and of high standard better than most places in barrow would go back again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belfast, United Kingdom
“great service and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been to the crown on North Scale twice now and have never been let down by costs and quality of meals. Both times i have had the t bone steak and both times was spot on thanks to the staff as they are very friendly and do a great job looking after there customers

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The crown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to the crown 2/5/13 with friends , food was good , nice and tasty , but service was bad , had to ask to order , had to ask for a dessert menu , not offered tea/ coffee Young man was too busy eating his own meal and cleaning tables :(

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous friendly staff nice carvery excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

After visiting barrow in furniss and spending our last few hours on Walney beach me and my 7 year old decide to stop at the crown for lunch before facing the three hr dive home.
The carvery was turkey beef gammon turkey ham pie or vegetarian options. I chose the pie my son had turkey both were slightly smaller plates costing around 3.60 I think . Food was lovely had delicious cranberry gravy loads of veg and yorkshire puds.
Son had bottomless ice cream( one and he was full)
To top off our lovely meal we were told by staff that Prince William and Kate were about to pass on their way to Airport after visiting Barrow in furniss. We took 10 steps outside to have william pass by waving and smiling!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Did not meet expectations!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

As we were visiting Barrow I checked out Tripadvisor for a good place to eat with my family. The Crown had rave reviews so we decided to try it. It did not meet my expectations from other people's reviews of the place. The food was OK but was not freshly prepared, I ordered Whitby haddock and chips (can't go wrong there, i thought), the fish was obviously a frozen portion and the chips were chips, nothing special. Portion size was small and I was left still hungry when I had finished. When I go out to eat I expect to get something slightly better than if I stayed at home and cooked, this wasn't any better. The Crown is fine for a standard meal but don't expect anything special.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere