“Well worth a visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I would highly recommend this place for you to eat. We decided to try it after looking at the reviews on trip advisor and so glad we did! My boyfriend had the pizza and was very complimentary about it. I had the cannelloni and it was so tasty. The puddings were also delicious ~ we tried sticky toffee pudding and the strawberry pavlova. We would highly recommend this place due to the quality of food and the wonderful service from staff!

Barton
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I came here as we had tried to get into other restaurants which were fully booked. Expected a mediocre meal but found it to be excellent. The food was fresh and tasty, and we couldn't fault it. It was a very busy night but all the staff were extremely friendly and the food second to none. I would definitely recommend it for a very relaxed and unpretentious meal out. Suitable for families, groups or couples.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed in Bowness for a week and ate here twice, it was so good! The restaurant was full of atmosphere and the staff were a major part of this. Pizza was the best, Tapas was great, and desserts were heavenly.

Visited May 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Great for a pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

A busy little bistro, not the place to spend a long relaxing evening but tasty food and good value. Just one waiter (Roberto himself?) who seemed a bit stressed but the service was good.

Visited May 2014
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Robertos, Bowness-on-Windermere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was time for an Italian. On a previous occasion I had been to the Italian further up the street, thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere and was returning there. BUT it was closed! Which means Robertos became an option. How glad I am of the opportunity to dine there.

I went for the "Angry Bull" pizza. It was hot, spicy, meaty and delicious. The skinny fries are good too. A family member had the spag bol so I sampled that as well... All good. Beers are limited, but ok, and are served ice cold.

Big shout out to the Maitre'D who ran the restaurant front of house with aplomb, even with 10 full tables she ran the place on her own. Yes that did start to slow down her response time, it took us 10+ minutes to see the card machine once we had confirmed we were ready to pay but actually I was watching in awe as she covered the floor and all customers without losing track of who was at what stage of their dining experience and evening. Full marks to her.

The restaurant foot print is small but cosy and perfectly situated in the centre of town.

My only reservation is not being able to see the pizzas being made, the other Italian in town has the pizza being made and oven baked in the main dining room, but in Robertos this is hidden away. I think that's a shame.

Overall, though, this place is worth a visit. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014