“Ab fab” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
lancashire
“Ab fab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We visited on 31st March after deliberating on the restaurants in the area. We had been bought a wowcher deal at a local establishment though their food was not good, so partner picked here.

We booked a table for 730 and it was bustling then and ground floor almost full. Seated quickly and drinks provided in good time. We ordered starters and mains and picked pasta for mains with a spicy garlic bread (not on the menu though asked if we could have tomato garlic bread with chilli and onion on - was one of the best garlic breads we have ever had yummy please ask them if this how you like your g breads as was no problem).

Starters of chicken livers and ribs lovely. Very generous portion of ribs and tasty sauce - would have liked a bit of side salad though will ask next time as not always standard at Italians. Partner loved the livers, were served quite dry as a pose to loads of sauce though big on taste and better without the sauce and nice portion of side salad.

Were not rushed to purchase drinks or rush food. Pasta was lovely very generous, I had the arrabbiatta which was delicious and partner ordered one with sausage meat began with a B which he thoroughly enjoyed. House rose really good. Again the garlic bread is battling with our other current favourite for number one.

with 2 bottles peroni and 2 wines and all of the above was just shy of £50. Wish we had a Villa positano here - would need a hit once a week. Good excuse to get over to Bowness I say. Traditionally decorated, excellent service and awesome food. Bellissimox

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Scotland
“Excellent steak....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Pleasantly surprised with this little gem, staff were friendly, food was very good indeed, best fillet steak I've had I ages. Only downside was sir coughsalot and lady flem sitting next to us. I mean if your gonna cough and blow your nose into a paper handkerchief please do it elsewhere. That stopped me having a Dessert, don't let that put you off tho as I'm sure they won't be there when you go.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food wonderfully served”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic dinner here. The welcome from the staff was enthusiastic and warm. The place was very busy but the service at all times was attentive. Food was excellent and served with aplomb. Wine per glass was limited to a house selection which was adequate - could expand this a little. A happy experience.

Visited March 2014
Eccleshall, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Visited on Mothering Sunday so was pleased to be seated immediately, food was exceptional, service was great. We had a three course meal with drinks and it came to £50 which was a huge surprise as we thought it would be at least half as much again. Cannot speak highly enough of this lovely restaurant, will definitely visit again should we be in the area. The sautéed butter beans starter with sausage and chilli was especially good.......

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
United Kingdom
“Good dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I visited this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and also the recommendations from the owners of the B&B I stayed. As I was dining alone, I visited early and was warmly greeted on arrival to make enquiries and booking. On arrival, I was warmly greeted by staff and had the choice of any table. The restaraunt was culturally and tastefully which was a lovely surprise. My first dish on my first evening was seafood linguine. Fabulous, plenty of seafood in the dish and a good portion. Lovely glass of dry white wine to compliment. The service was excellent, knowleageable staff. This made me make a second visit the following night and again the service was just as good. I chose the swordfish this time which came with a lovely sauce to my liking ( I asked for some kick to it!) and got that. Would I visit here agin ? But of course yes yes yes!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere