“Food from around the world” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food from around the world”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We called in early on a Friday night and had no trouble getting a table. The menu whilst not extensive, gives a choice of different countries but I settled for the steak. The meat was cooked exactly as I asked and the meal itself was very good but a few more chips and vegetables would have helped. My wife was very pleased with her meal but again a little small which is saying something for her. As a result we had sweets which was good as they were excellent. Staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was good.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire
“second visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant in April and were very impressed by the service, atmosphere and food. We visited again last week and left without eating - the menu had changed, the service was poor, people were complaining about their food and the time it had taken to arrive and there were words exchanged between the chef and the waitress. We had ordered drinks but, after waiting about 15 minutes, didn't order any food. What was most disappointing was that when I asked to pay for the drinks because we were leaving no-one asked why! There were two people at the bar area who appeared to be the owners/managers and two staff in the restaurant and not one asked if there was a problem. Unfortunately we won't be returning.

Bucks, UK
“Lovely Food with enchanting decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

80 Days is a little further up the main street and was not therefore as crowded as some of the restaurants closer to the lake, but none the worse for that! This is a fairly new restaurant and has an open kitchen which enabled us to talk to the Chef, Sean, at quiet moments after our meal, which my wife and I liked. The menu featured dishes from around the world, and I wanted to eat them all. I chose tempura prawns to start, followed by grilled hake whilst my wife had a sirloin steak which my wife said was the best steak she had eaten in years. I finished with a lovely cheese board and my wife had tiramasu. We enjoyed a bottle of a light refreshing rose wine and I had a glass of house red with my cheese. All the food was very tasty, beautifully presented and both the food and wines were good value.
What not to like?
Well worth seeking out, but be warned - this is a smallish restaurant, so better book in advance.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Poor service over priced badly cooked food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Service was dreadful. Seriously over priced. Took forever to arrive, 49 minutes and the restaurant wasn't too busy. Badly cooked cheap cut of steak in a baguette. Meat was chewy and whole meal was indifferent. Asked for no mayonnaise and was served a plate of jersey potatoes smothered in mayonnaise! Asked for glass if tap water, surely not difficult but never arrived. Would advise hungry travellers to avoid. Lack lustre disinterested service. Costly plate of Inedible food. Based in such a lovely place how can this restaurant get it so wrong?

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
80DaysBowness, Manager at 80 days, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Firsly I can only apologise about your experience.

Having only opened in february we have had teething problem. Unfortunatly your visit was at a transitional period. Vast changes have been made since your visit. We are fully aware of the situation and would urge you to please get in touch. we would love the oppourtunity to put this right.

I promise if you give us the chance you will be pleasantly surprised.

Many Thanks,

The 80 Days Team.

(please explain the situation and ask for Natalie)
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

service slow but food very nice. Table was opposite the door so it was cold every time the door opened