“Quaint little cafe!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Tarporley, United Kingdom
“Quaint little cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a tiny little café, we found it completely by accident dodging rain. Fantastic home made food and the best egg sandwich I have ever tasted (egg is my fav) lovely side salad garnish and coleslaw couldn't fault it, so many cakes to choose from. very cath kidson!! A very friendly place to go!x

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“not my cup of coffee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

not my cup of coffee dont know how this cafe get rave reviews went in here on my trip to bowness last week nothing special about this cafe the place is far to small and didnt open it's doors till around 11 pm now i dont know about you but i'm looking for a coffee before lunchtime and the coffee cakes nothing to write home about fact costa across the road sells better cakes and coffee imo and my opinion i'd give cafe latte a MISS

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Great homemade food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved everything we tasted! I recommend the sausage rolls, wow :) fab service too so we'd go back. Hard finding as Apple Maps pointed at the wrong block.

Leeds
“Nice but pricey and very small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. The cafe is tiny, which could be stressy for families. There were nice high chairs but no room to swing a cat and I couldn't see any toilets (maybe there were some, but if there were, I couldn't see them).

Menu is very basic. They don't do afternoon teas which is a shame as the food on offer seems perfect for that. The whipped cream with my delicious scone was very light (I like thick and heavy whipped cream, or clotted cream, with a cream tea). It also came with a tiny portion of the home made butter and beautiful jam.

We didn't stay as long as we would have liked because we felt a bit cramped and intimate with the other tables... there is no privacy here... all eyes and ears are on everyone because of the size and layout... and lack of background noise maybe.

Prices seemed a bit steep. We were glad we tried it but wouldn't visit again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“This is so much more than a cafe! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Never will you find an eating establishment that pays so much attention to the finest detail of food and service...everything is homemade...even the butter!! It is a little gem and the food (we had cheese scones and sausage rolls) was fantastic. If it's full when you get there then wait for a seat or go back. It's worth it!